Everyone's latest acquisitions!

HECqNnF.jpg

Just received the newly released Spyderco plain edged black DLC Automony 2.

Spyderco-Autonomy-2-Automatic-Black-G-10-Black-C165GPBBK2-BHQ-116292-jr.webp

I also recently purchased/received a 7" Hogue EX-F01 w/cocobolo scales (like the one below) off of the BF Exchange but the scales looked so nice that I ordered a pair of solid black textured G10 scales to replace them so that I wouldn't mess them up.

Would have posted a pic of the knife w/the G10 scales but Hogue apparently never issued them w/this particular blade. So, I couldn't find a pic of it and am too lazy to (at the moment) to post one myself. Will replace the pic below if/when I get around to doing so.

iu

Hogue also sent me a hex key that normally comes w/the knife but that the BF seller did not have. Received the G10 scales and hex key in just a couple days. Excellent CS at Hogue!

BTW, the textured G10 scales are actually great and much more practical for use w/the knife.

Last edited:
With many thanks to my good friend R Raj who had this nice Spyderco GB2 sent to me as an early birthday gift, one rugged and no nonsense knife, also to @Sonnydaze for the Spyderco bead, which is one hefty solid bead, the hole was barely large enough to accept this heavier paracord for the bobtail fob. Thanks guys !

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

G2

Last edited:
Thanks RJ and the knife ain't too shabby either ;) I ended up cutting off the snake knots so it has just the two diamond knots which are large because the paracord has 11 inner strands, makes a nice big diamond knot.
G2

Untitled by GaryWGraley, on Flickr

Last edited:
Just received the newly released Spyderco plain edged black DLC Automony 2.

Spyderco-Autonomy-2-Automatic-Black-G-10-Black-C165GPBBK2-BHQ-116292-jr.webp

I also recently purchased/received a 7" Hogue EX-F01 w/cocobolo scales (like the one below) off of the BF Exchange but the scales looked so nice that I ordered a pair of solid black textured G10 scales to replace them so that I wouldn't mess them up.

Would have posted a pic of the knife w/the G10 scales but Hogue apparently never issued them w/this particular blade. So, I couldn't find a pic of it and am too lazy to (at the moment) to post one myself. Will replace the pic below if/when I get around to doing so.

iu

Hogue also sent me a hex key that normally comes w/the knife but that the BF seller did not have. Received the G10 scales and hex key in just a couple days. Excellent CS at Hogue!

BTW, the textured G10 scales are actually great and much more practical for use w/the knife.

The cocobolo model didn't come with the Allen wrench. I don't know why I just know it didn't. I remember thinking it strange though. I was very tempted by that knife on the exchange! Beautiful cocobolo on it!! Enjoy!

Received this beautiful Al Mar Eagle 5HDET-ZL in Laminated ZDP-189.

In my mind this is amongst the best EDCs ever made, you get a 4" (101.6 mm) blade but it only weights 3.3oz (94 gr) and a handle thickness of 0.32" (8.1mm)

In other words, this knife is all bite no bark and that's what I love!

6lHcI9f.jpg

Received this beautiful Al Mar Eagle 5HDET-ZL in Laminated ZDP-189.

In my mind this is amongst the best EDCs ever made, you get a 4" (101.6 mm) blade but it only weights 3.3oz (94 gr) and a handle thickness of 0.32" (8.1mm)

In other words, this knife is all bite no bark and that's what I love!

6lHcI9f.jpg
Love the ZDP-189 Eagles...just a great knife:thumbsup::cool:

Back