Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by SW-EDC, Mar 12, 2016.

1. kobold

kobold

Aug 23, 2020
    The first knife drew first blood of the year.

[​IMG]

2. P.C.E.

P.C.E. Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 6, 2020
    [​IMG]

Frist official 2021 and my first Spyderco, Native 5 G10. Been a while since I've gotten a lockback and nice for a smaller blade with an easy thumb deployment.

[​IMG]
    Smaller than the TR-3 and will make a good secondary EDC...

Chuck_Nunface, Lee D, toto07 and 10 others like this.
  3. myowngod

myowngod Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 3, 2009
    I have one and I'm a big fan. It's super smooth and the fit and finish are great. You won't be disappointed.

Retired UPS Driver likes this.
  4. Murphjd25

Murphjd25 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Microtech Ultratech D/E Distressed Black, Apocalyptic blade. Sweet!
    [​IMG]

Lee D, toto07, JesseT and 10 others like this.
  5. WValtakis

WValtakis Hand Engraving, Ti anodizing, and mods Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2004
  6. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
    I haven’t seen one of those in a loooong time, looking forward to see what you do with it :thumbsup:

7. Zeroedin

Zeroedin Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 15, 2020
    This Viper Turn arrived two days ago, right on the heels of the Viper Timavo I posted a few days back.

On a side note, I think my wife is starting to wonder just how many replacement parts I had to order to get my electric razor working like new again. Lol, I’m pretty sure she’s on to me now.

Anyway, I’m still weeding my way through various handle materials to find out what I like and don’t like. Micarta was the last of the mainstream stuff that I wanted to try, but with so many options available I figured I’d kill two birds with one ding of the debit card. The blade angle on this one made it different enough from everything else I own to catch my attention...and a substantial discount made it an easy call.

Too early to pass judgment on the knife, but like all my other Vipers/MKMs it arrived exactly as expected; with nice action, well finished and comfortable in the hand. It’s a bit larger than I expected (based on the numbers), but it carries well in my pocket.

So far I’m diggin’ it, and I very much like the Micarta. The one material I’m not so fond of at this stage is carbon fiber...but that’s why I’m tryin’ em all out.

Apologies for the long-winded lead up, but thanks for reading if ya’ made it this far.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Kmikaz3

Kmikaz3 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Aug 28, 2019
    After 20 days of waiting worth it :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Tigerden

Tigerden Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2019
    ^^^^^ Just received my Arno Bernard Imamba today. Love it! The tolerances are up there with Shirogorov and CRK. It was a little stiff out of the box, and being cold in my part of the world didn't help. I think it just needs some minor adjustment a little oil and some breaking in. I have the Rinkhals and knew the AB flipper wouldn't disappoint.

IMG_2259 (1).jpg

10. Kmikaz3

Kmikaz3 Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Aug 28, 2019
    :D:D:D

Just a heads up. It sports loose ceramic ball bearings (IKBS?) had to disassembled mine to recenter my ever so slightly off centered blade. Was shacked when everything ran away from me.

Retired UPS Driver and Tigerden like this.
  11. jfk1110

jfk1110 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 9, 2013

Green canvas or linen micarta is my favorite material barr none!!! Great in the hand wet , dry, bloody etc!! Takes on a nice patina from your skin oils and if you don't like it it cleans up with soapy water and a toothbrush!! Post it over in the mad for micarta thread!!!!

James

12. Alsharif

Alsharif Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2018
  13. bdronish

bdronish

Dec 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  14. jfk1110

Mar 9, 2013
    All 3are pretty new, like days old and within days of each other! IMG_20210116_041917.jpg

15. Makael

Makael Books temporarily closed on sheath orders. Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Medford Midi Marauder slim. I had no idea how slim this model was. Always associated Medford with some over the top heavy designs. But the slims are very nicely done. 1st with two more on order.
    20210116_022837.jpg 20210116_022858.jpg 20210116_022935.jpg 20210116_023004.jpg 20210116_023051.jpg

16. photoman12001

photoman12001 Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2008
    Nifty mail call yesterday. A few of these items have been floating around with USPS since the middle of December.
    - Curtiss Nano
    - WE Double Helix
    - MXG clip for the Wilkins Leafstorm
    - Mandolorian figures & donut hank for photo props

[​IMG]

17. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    You guys are richer than I am but, I did receive two Vic Spartan folders in the mail over the last couple of days.

Life’s good. :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  18. JesseT

JesseT Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Had my eye on one of these for years, and finally pulled the trigger.

[​IMG]

Aryan29, Phisig, kobold and 10 others like this.
  19. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Agreed.

Lee D and WValtakis like this.
  20. jfk1110

Mar 9, 2013
    Yesterday and today's arrivals. D Rocket katanaX & UpKnife model -1... Pretty cool stuff. IMG_20210116_203706.jpg