Everyone's latest acquisitions!

Two recent purchases.

1) A Spyderco Junction purchased off of the Exchange; received.

iu

2) A Spyderco Pattadese purchased directly from Spyderco; received.

iu

Last edited:
Been seeing the Viper ORSO in several pics around here. That got me wondering about it. A quick search at Collector Knives proved to be enlightening. Even though the titanium frames were not in stock, it didn’t discourage me from getting this one. :)
I guess I’ll settle for this carbon fiber model. Oh well :D

78FF5C5F-3228-42B0-BF0C-C9A8B62E97EC.jpeg

I just received this Kizer Sheepdog with carbon fiber scales in S35VN steel. This thing is amazing! It cuts like a scalpel and the bearing action is so smooth. Ergonomically, it fits in my large hand like it was made for me. This is one of those knives that doesn't have to grow on you.
iLWcNvL.jpg

Well, it took less than 24hrs for me to violate my resolution to end this balls-out buying binge that I’ve been on. Is there an intervention thread floating around here somewhere?

Anyway, I’ve been eyeing Mcusta for a while now....wanting something with a decidedly Japanese aesthetic...and today I accidentally stumbled upon their limited edition “Four Seasons” models.

“Summer” had my name written all over it, so I did what any of us would do and placed the order.

I’m sure this one may be a bit polarizing, but it reminds me a bit of the Rockstead that’s a wee-bit outside my comfort zone. I’ll close with a few pics from the retailer’s site. I’m guessing delivery is gonna take quite some time.

Now seriously, about that intervention...
3hhuqQc.jpg
ff9WnBs.jpg
ArSo4Hk.jpg

I actually like this quite a lot. Very well done!

1. received a new Spyderco Endura with stainless handle. plain edge
2. won a bid for a used Spyerco Endura with stainless handle and plain edge today.
3. have an Ontario TFI incoming. May have been discontinued.
4. I have two Ontario Mark3 knives at substantial discount on back order. I hope the seller honors the same and that the knife will be started in production again some day.
5. I do give knives as gifts to relatives. I have three relatives who have preschoolers and I know that they are going to be taking on picnics and and in the woods. I have sorted out knives to give them like modified Moras.

Just received this small Loveless pattern City Knife by the late Sezio Imai. ATS34, Mokume bolsters, and some nice stag. I have one about this size by Mike Lovett also, although I prefer the pattern larger for use. Still, it was too nice not to pick up.

JRVtlsY.jpg

20210210_121600.jpg
20210210_121537.jpg
20210210_121522.jpg
20210210_121458.jpg
20210210_121425.jpg
20210210_121355.jpg

I found this knife/maker on board here. Wow. I cannot overstate how fine and beautiful his work is. The FF, grind(s), ero's and geometry are second to none. Transitions and polish is flawless. Full flat grind on this is outstanding. Air bleeding. This half tang/M390 come in at slightly over 2oz..awesome. Backpack, kitchen, hunter, B&T, caper...I have the specs somewhere, I'll dig them up...

Sheath is handmade and beautiful. Another example of attention to detail. So impressed this package I've ordered two more, full tang, slight variation on this pattern, The Kree, I believe.

I have no affiliation other than being a happy customer. Do yourself a favor, give this maker a look before I convince him that he needs to charge more for his work..

@mrZorg76254.

Easy to work with. Outstanding product and service.

Thanks again, Z!

Back