Everyone's latest acquisitions!

I recently acquired this fine blade in a trade with @AntDog .

i-2bGjcXd-X4.jpg

Good swap!!! Mossyhorn Mossyhorn Bedlam was a.fair.deal for it!!!!! Nice! Enjoy!!

Last edited:
Super excited about this one that's incoming. Made by Paul, @CPE_Knives ... I love everything about this, dimensions, blade thickness, Fuller and steel. Will make a great visual pair to carry with my Spyderco Tuff.

Photo by Paul, hope he doesn't mind me using it:

i-BJMX9Xz-X3.jpg
I see the fuller like the Spyderco Tuff. This an amazing looking knife, has the custom appearence.

A Highly Unappreciated Knife, Great Barlow Style, made in a factory using 100+ year old equipoment. Otter dates back to 1840 in Soligen Germany. This Pinch open folder does not need a nail nick, certering is perfect. Kind of a fat knife, but a true classic. The blade is "Rostfrie" which I take to mean somewhat stainless. Holds a great edge. do maybe it is a semistainless. Love the knife and Highly recommend as a great value for what you get. I did my first review on You Tube, I give myself a C-, but it was my first review and you must start somewhere, Cheers !
J1LjJME.jpg

q7dDaO.jpg

You can say whatever you want about the name of this knife and probably it will be some truth in the statement. But nobody can beat this people with packaging, attention to details and price.
For what I paid for this knife, the way it came in the package, I can't think about another company that will send you a knife that way, for the same $$$...
Perfectly grinded bevel, identical both sides, 30 % engaging liner lock, perfect flipping and thumb stud action, great size (IMO), good steel, useful blade profile.
This is perfect example of how inexpensive knife should be (IMO), very happy with this purchase and now they actually have another new knife (!?!), released today, clip point profile with large open slot for opening.
Not my thing so I won't buy it but worth every minute if you want to spend time and check it out on their website...

Can't you come up with a clip that attaches to the ring ? It'll do the same thing as static clip to the scales.
You know those two way clips from a flashlight, the one that allows you to clip it to your cap ?
Like on this little flashlight:

GozZ4j.jpg

Find one, cut the ring that goes to the flashlight's body and just bend the end of it or drill a hole for the knife's ring,
I bet it'll work, especially if you hook up a small fob to it for quick deployment.

That’s way cool, I wish I knew the skill of knapping. Please show that off once you finish the sinew wrap and seal.

I wish I could knap too! I bought the blade online. I would try and learn but there's no source of uh, knappable stone here; all volcanic basalt. I had the antler from another knife project (Helle!).
Still trying to figure out how to wrap this thing!

These three arrived within the last couple of weeks. I was looking for a fixed blade in the 3" range that I could use for light fire and food prep, that would travel well, and that wouldn't raise eyebrows in a populated racetrack camping environment. The Winker SD2 arrived first. It's the most compact of the three and has great ergonomics. I just wish it had arrived with a sharper edge, especially at the price point. I'll be working on that edge today. Next to arrive was the Fallkniven R2 Scout in Elmax with a convex edge that runs right up the saber grind. It's pretty stout, surprisingly useable in spite of its thick blade, and should serve me well here in Florida's wet coasts. Lastly, I purchased the L.T. Wright Next Gen. Frankly, if this one had arrived first, it might have been the only one I have to show today. The Next Gen invites immediate use and imparts a sense of indestructibility. However, all three are keepers and will fill slightly different functional roles. I've only used them around the kitchen so far (as the A2 blade of the Next Gen reveals), but I really like this 3" size for its ability to cross into heavier work, while remaining a bit discreet.

All three are keepers

Attachments

• IMG_0849.JPG
    IMG_0849.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 20
Back