F-16 Picture Thread. Post them if ya got them...

That red and black looks like the NEW snakeskin. Congrats

I do see green in the red and black/yellow-green-ochre tones...the linen micarta that is machined lends some pretty badass hues at different angles and lighting, regardless of what it is. Straight green linen pops with all sorts of hues and tones and visual texture, it is almost mesmerizing to look at...

Cool stuff Jack!

C

And....I love the detailed banter on micarta handle scale nuances - it's like an older-school type of Busse conversation!! LOVE THIS KIND OF CHAT!!!

Not trying to be snarky, do these blades serve a practical purpose, or are they mainly for...well, because they are awesome looking?

They're kind of like an STI pistol collection; not good for much of anything practical. Except pulling out every once in awhile to fondle and maybe play ninja with in front of the mirror, you know, if that's your thing. o_O

I'm not sure I'd agree either are not good for much of anything practical.
I do know that Busse (or Swamp Rat) swords can do a wicked job taking apart wooden pallets. Not sure how the STI pistols would do. :D

A couple of better lighting pics of this purple beast.

vLKSyZZ_d.jpg

Zjzq33V_d.jpg

3hrzGQ2_d.jpg

Imagine if that was a coated blade, how much coating would have been removed. Oh man, that woulda been sweet.
What you did there was good too though.

I hate football and hope that you beat that thing
Do you hate Football or just hate NFL, College or High school football.
Is it really hate, or a strong dislike? Hatred is a powerful emotion, you got me curious is all. It's really none of my damn business.
Apologies for the thread drift, I thought I was in chat, I'm done here.

Do you hate Football or just hate NFL, College or High school football.
Is it really hate, or a strong dislike? Hatred is a powerful emotion, you got me curious is all. It's really none of my damn business.
Apologies for the thread drift, I thought I was in chat, I'm done here.
I hate the NFL. I played a bit of ball in my life. I hate the NFL. Just to clarify.

Not trying to be snarky, do these blades serve a practical purpose, or are they mainly for...well, because they are awesome looking?
While they are awesome looking, they are even better in use. Legitimate question, so yesterday I took to the back yard with mine and a couple other of my favorites.
7Uy3Trl.jpg

rwpNfZE.jpg

It was a beautiful warm day, and some chopping needed to be done.
The Silky saw did not work on the small willowy stuff at all, but the f-16 took them down easily, plus any sapling.
The extra reach was also a huge benefit as well over the axe.
My chemo weakened body would only allow so much chopping power, but yes they are practical.
And it made me smile!
rpdojLz.jpg

d7Cn4W5.jpg

However, remember that we forumites are here as a quest for the best, as well as a number of other reasons.
Have fun and enjoy the ride.

^^^^^Thanks for sharing. Sounds like its a capable chopper (and a darn good time). I look forward to getting some use out of mine.

While they are awesome looking, they are even better in use. Legitimate question, so yesterday I took to the back yard with mine and a couple other of my favorites.
7Uy3Trl.jpg

rwpNfZE.jpg

It was a beautiful warm day, and some chopping needed to be done.
The Silky saw did not work on the small willowy stuff at all, but the f-16 took them down easily, plus any sapling.
The extra reach was also a huge benefit as well over the axe.
My chemo weakened body would only allow so much chopping power, but yes they are practical.
And it made me smile!
rpdojLz.jpg

d7Cn4W5.jpg

However, remember that we forumites are here as a quest for the best, as well as a number of other reasons.
Have fun and enjoy the ride.
What color is that handle? Random Nuke?

Back