Fall is snarking at your door!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife knew a knife purchase was coming. I planted that seed days in advance. She was cool about it.

I was looking at a beautiful puukko they had on the table. Was going to get it and then saw the price, $700! It had mammoth ivory and silver inlays.

My wife knew a knife purchase was coming. I planted that seed days in advance. She was cool about it.

I was looking at a beautiful puukko they had on the table. Was going to get it and then saw the price, $700! It had mammoth ivory and silver inlays.
He had the same style handle on a 6 inch bowie. I didn't ask. I enjoyed watching him coal forging though.

early in the week I was voluntold by SWMBO that I was going to accompany her to her 10K yesterday - so I got up at 5 on my day off and drove 100 miles so I could sit on a concrete bench while she gallivanted off through the woods of Unity Villiage, Mo.
On the way there we passed a car dealership -- and as we were leaving the race venue I mentioned I would like to stop in on the of chance they had something suitable and in our price range.
as a matter of fact, they did - it was a trade that came in late on Friday and was still being detailed, so they had the guy finish up real quick and bring it back.
still needs the shop review and inspection -- there's a bit of lifter noise so they're going to pull the head and see what needs fixed.
depending on how extensive the repairs are, will decide the selling price - but I have first refusal on it.
2004 GMC Canyon ext cab 4x4 w/113k miles, no rust, and a handful of hail dents.
the only negatives about it in our minds are he color (black) and the transmission (automatic) - but I can live with those.

then we went shopping and fond her some new sunglasses and a pair of boots on clearance.
@mtm -- you should check out Gooder sunglasses. they're pretty nice, stay on SWMBO's head when she's running, and are worth buying just for the names of each model.

early in the week I was voluntold by SWMBO that I was going to accompany her to her 10K yesterday - so I got up at 5 on my day off and drove 100 miles so I could sit on a concrete bench while she gallivanted off through the woods of Unity Villiage, Mo.
On the way there we passed a car dealership -- and as we were leaving the race venue I mentioned I would like to stop in on the of chance they had something suitable and in our price range.
as a matter of fact, they did - it was a trade that came in late on Friday and was still being detailed, so they had the guy finish up real quick and bring it back.
still needs the shop review and inspection -- there's a bit of lifter noise so they're going to pull the head and see what needs fixed.
depending on how extensive the repairs are, will decide the selling price - but I have first refusal on it.
the only negatives about it in our minds are he color (black) and the transmission (automatic) - but I can live with those.

then we went shopping and fond her some new sunglasses and a pair of boots on clearance.
@mtm -- you should check out Gooder sunglasses. they're pretty nice, stay on SWMBO's head when she's running, and are worth buying just for the names of each model.
I'm on my 3rd GMC/Chevy Truck 2- 5.3Ls and current 6.2L lifter noise seems to be built into GM engines lol

Be glad when fall gets here. I'm so over this heat and humidity.

When is that expected? I could go for some fall.
Autumnal Equinox 2018 will be at 8:54 PM on Saturday, September 22.

Thatโ€™s odd...thereโ€™s a member named โ€œMTMโ€. Lol!

Thanks for the recommendation. I run in Costa Ballasts right now, which are lightweight and stay on well. Iโ€™ll have to check these out, though. Never hurts to have extra, right? :D

This morning I made a micro kydex sheath to replace the first sheath I ever made (and hated)...

ZAHME35.jpg

Now, itโ€™s into the pool and some grilling later!

Don't do it Jonny! I know she stresses you out, but it's not worth it!

V5MWqyh.jpg

:D:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back