Fallkniven A1 Pro or Bark River Bravo 1.5? 2018

Fallkniven A1 Pro or Bark River Bravo 1.5

• Bravo 1.5

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • A1 Pro

Votes: 42 67.7%

• Total voters
Hello everyone,
My old trusty blade broke last week so now I need a new 6 inch blade for camping. I carry only one knife to do most tasks around the camp so quality is paramount to me. I've narrowed my decision to either the Bravo 1.5 in s35nv or A1 Pro. What are your opinions on the better all around blade? The Bark River lifetime warranty has me leaning towards the Bravo but the A1 Pro seems to baton a bit better. That being said I more often than not have a hatchet. Thoughts?
Cheers,
Yves

Well, Fällkniven is undeniably quality and does come with a ten year warrenty. The knife is a proven classic. You cant really go wrong with it. I doubt, youll use it up.
Plus with FK, you can be sure, that the knife is actually made with the steel stated for that particular model.
Fällkniven over BRK any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

What was your old knife and how did it break?
It was my old man's Buck from the 70's I think. I was on a weekend camping trip and once I got home noticed a hairline fracture on the blade. Truly a shame but It more than surved its purpose. I gave it back to him, he said it had a good run and threw it in the garage. So now Im looking for a stainless replacement.

Well, Fällkniven is undeniably quality and does come with a ten year warrenty. The knife is a proven classic. You cant really go wrong with it. I doubt, youll use it up.
Plus with FK, you can be sure, that the knife is actually made with the steel stated for that particular model.
Fällkniven over BRK any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Are you saying BR misrepresented their blade steels? Why would they do that? I heard nothing but the best about that company.

Tough call. I have knives from both companies, and all have been excellent. This would come down to choice of steel for me. What steel would you get in the Bravo 1.5? These are bigger blades than I typically use, but I have smaller versions of both knives.

Tough call. I have knives from both companies, and all have been excellent. This would come down to choice of steel for me. What steel would you get in the Bravo 1.5? These are bigger blades than I typically use, but I have smaller versions of both knives.
I would like to get the S35NV. I would like a stainless because I sometimes kayak. Andbfrom what I understand when taken up to 59-60 HRC its a great steel.

Are you saying BR misrepresented their blade steels? Why would they do that? I heard nothing but the best about that company.

Yup, they did.
Why? Who knows. Probably becuase they can. Their fans feel that them putting out lemons and then replacing them constitutes good customer service.
As for what you gave heard....do some more research...they have a well-documented "history."

I'm sure someone will offer up some links.

Get the Fallkniven.

I also think it is a tough call. I really like the handle options that are available with the BRKT's and yes, that nudges me toward them. They may have a lifetime warranty, but "collecting" on it is another matter. The blade steel business that happened... my understanding is that Bark River never owned up to a mistake. That's a shame. I bought a Bark River that is a little shorter... probably would be about the 1.25 model this past year as my camp and all around woods knife. That said, I have other options, but I have been pleased with my Wilderness Adventurer model.

You can't go wrong with Falkniven stuff overall. I have the F1. Good knife and one of a number of knives in the 4 > 6 inch size range that I own.

1. Im saying some knives were not the steel advertised.
2. A person associated with the company is a thief, a fraud and in general a POS, so Im not in the least surprised, that sloppy QC/business practice happened/happens.
3. You must not have read a lot about the company then. Maybe use the search function here. A comprehensive search/research will leave you flabbergasted.

Last edited:
If you’re interested in batoning, the A1Pro has a great blade cross section for it. A really thick spine, with an aggressive grind down to the edge. More maul-ish.

A1 pro is a beast of a knife, I like the cobalt steel. If I wanted a good all round fixed blade I'd go with the A1 between the two choices offered. I never had a Bravo but I do own several bark river knives. My favorite so far is the gunny hunter, thinner behind the edge. I do like the looks of the bravo in 3v too. So falkniven.

I agree Fallkniven A1 Pro and it does have a Life Time Warranty also, just make sure to purchase from an Authorized dealer. It's made for cold and wet environments and made to eat wood. The Cos steel is at 60 RC also.

Last edited:
The A1 pro will be extremely rust resistant too. I believe the outer layers of steel are 420j which is great at fighting corrosion.

Bow at the price of the A1 pro you have many other options as well. Some custom. Also, any reason why the A1 pro instead of the A1 which is half the price?

A1 all the way. Brkt is super shady. You don't know if you are getting what you paid for and you don't know if they will stand behind their product.

Y Yves Rouban if you do go with the A1 pro make sure to put it through its paces right away (batoning). Some of them had handles that loosened up under hard use.

I agree Fallkniven A1 Pro and it does have a Life Time Warranty also,
From Fällkniven website:

Warranty

Each new knife from Fällkniven AB is covered with a ten year warranty. Fällkniven AB warrants to the original owner that Fällkniven knives purchased from authorized dealers will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. Fällkniven AB will without charge, repair or replace at our option, any knife returned for warranty work and found to be defective by us.

From Fällkniven website:

Warranty

Each new knife from Fällkniven AB is covered with a ten year warranty. Fällkniven AB warrants to the original owner that Fällkniven knives purchased from authorized dealers will be free from defects in materials and workmanship. Fällkniven AB will without charge, repair or replace at our option, any knife returned for warranty work and found to be defective by us.
In the description of the pro models it says they have a lifetime warranty.

Honestly, if I use a knife and have no problems in 10 years. I think I've gotten my money's worth and wouldn't consider trying to use Falkniven's warranty. Now, if I purchased one and didn't use it and something happened to it after putting it into service in the first year of use, I would consider it, even years later.

Back