Fancy Scales Thread. A CPK picture show

Neigh everyone! *ahem*

My last adventure with bog oak ended in disaster as the un-lined scales fell to the floor and broke.
This time, and after much more practice under my belt I decided to give it another go.
I cut scales from block of bog oak and set out to do more hand sanding, really trying to capture the nuances of the machined scales that come from the CPK compound.
I am really pleased with this set. Hopefully you can see from the picture online here how much effort was put into this, among other sets.
I really appreciate Tony’s skills more every time I make a set.

Neigh everyone! *ahem*

My last adventure with bog oak ended in disaster as the un-lined scales fell to the floor and broke.
This time, and after much more practice under my belt I decided to give it another go.
I cut scales from block of bog oak and set out to do more hand sanding, really trying to capture the nuances of the machined scales that come from the CPK compound.
I am really pleased with this set. Hopefully you can see from the picture online here how much effort was put into this, among other sets.
I really appreciate Tony’s skills more every time I make a set.
I can honestly say from handling a set of your scales in person how impressed I was!

Past the skill, I could tell there was heart put into it!!!

Keep on keepin on bro you're kicking ass!

(If you ever want to sell the handles I'm talking about let me know!)

Back