Fancy Scales Thread. A CPK picture show

^ Hope Tony is doing well and enjoying his new "unplugged" life!
For sure ! I picked those up from another member who I believe got them from Tony. Pretty cool how one knife lover can poor their talent and soul into a project that can be enjoyed and admired by another, down the road.

I’m noticing that this CPK thing lends itself to building histories for the knives and accoutrements. I also enjoy the friendships built and laugh at the occasional “playful vendettas”. Amazing community !!!

For sure ! I picked those up from another member who I believe got them from Tony. Pretty cool how one knife lover can poor their talent and soul into a project that can be enjoyed and admired by another, down the road.

I’m noticing that this CPK thing lends itself to building histories for the knives and accoutrements. I also enjoy the friendships built and laugh at the occasional “playful vendettas”. Amazing community !!!
I really like the symmetry of the scale halves and how they accentuate the symmetry of the blade.
The back and forth amongst us all has been entertaining 😁

Tried out some Black Locust for the FK2.
When I was cutting out the initial shape using the janky ol’ bandsaw, I ended up cutting some of the original scale and the blank too deeply. I was mad mad. I let this sit on the table for about two weeks before I felt I could return. Figured I would finish it as I can always use more practice.
Just going to put tung oil on’em and call it a day, although I am pleased with how they turned out.
Got them rough shaped, rough to fine sanded, and counter-sunk in about 3 hours.

Back