Favorite Cold Steel machete and why?

I just got a kukri machete from academy. super choppy yet light and fast. Not too fond of the coated edge but for $22 I'll get over it. Overall pretty badass.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wood_Chopping.jpg

The 12" barong - good chopping power, compact, stabby point, tough as nails.

I got a half dozen + cold steel machetes. I like the sword versions best but the kopis the best of that bunch. Handle shape works and has a kukri shape that cuts deep and hard. Ive chopped it all down here in the jungle swamp and this one beats most.

Added another favorite after camping in the White Mountains this weekend: 13" Tanto Machete. Did everything from splitting wood, slitting open storage bags, and scraping kindling, to opening bacon packages. Between it and my mini-Recon Clip point, the Garberg saw no action and the SAK just opened cans of chili. No, I didn't rough it. Family, two (elderly) dogs, two tents, in an excellent NH state park.

Added another favorite after camping in the White Mountains this weekend: 13" Tanto Machete. Did everything from splitting wood, slitting open storage bags, and scraping kindling, to opening bacon packages. Between it and my mini-Recon Clip point, the Garberg saw no action and the SAK just opened cans of chili. No, I didn't rough it. Family, two (elderly) dogs, two tents, in an excellent NH state park.

The tanto caught my eye recently as well, can't beat these blades for the money.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I like the Tanto Machete as well .. actually most of the CS machetes. Can't beat them for "bang for the buck".

The 12" bowie machete is great. Good weight and balance. Just need to grind the edge to a nice acute angle. Only thing I would prefer over it is the 12" barong which is no longer made.

I have a Panang by another maker which is a chopper, slicer, skinner. I do like the Bolo and Magnum Khukri from Cold Steel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I prefer the 12" Bowie machete since it is so similar to the Natchez. The only other mahete that I currently own is a Kukri type.

Back