Favorite folding knife and or fixed blade knife?

I hate these kind of threads. I sit here for 10 minutes writing and deleting trying to choose my favorites. I think they change over time. Right now my favorite folders are my Emerson horseman and manix 2. Fix blade would be this new little ka-bar tdi i just picked up.

I hate them for other reasons, which is, they end up just costing me more money. :)
Case in point, Sonny indirectly introduced me to Carothers through Dale. Now I'm looking at the field knife. Grr....

Last edited:
I hate them for other reasons, which is, they end up just costing me more money. :)
Case in point, Sonny indirectly introduced me to Carothers through Dale. Now I'm looking at the field knife. Grr....

:D You're welcome! It is a nice looking knife. And I don't have a Carothers... yet...

Here's my favorite fixed blade it's a 1950’s imperial H6.

Now as for favorite folder, you decide because I sure as hell can't.

Folder, one of these:
- Small Sebenza 21
- Delica 4(ZDP)
- 556-1

Fixed, one of these:
- Martti Malinen Oriolus(pukko)
- BRKT Bushcrafter
- Fällkniven A1

In no particular order.

Yes, go easy on me. Seems like you love or hate CS. I own over 55 CS products. I own and enjoy other brands too. What's your favorite?

This is my favourite CS based only on looks.
Ti-Lite with blued titanium handle.
skuLSIK.jpg

Yes, go easy on me. Seems like you love or hate CS. I own over 55 CS products. I own and enjoy other brands too. What's your favorite?

I dig CS as well, and their choice to use XHP. What I don't dig, is the gap between the choil and the handle on most of their folders when folded. Otherwise, my Ultimate Hunter and Code 4 are excellent deals IMO.

I dig CS as well, and their choice to use XHP. What I don't dig, is the gap between the choil and the handle on most of their folders when folded. Otherwise, my Ultimate Hunter and Code 4 are excellent deals IMO.
Will my life ever depend on any knife? Let alone a folder?... I sure hope not but I get piece of mind with the tri-ad lock in my pocket!

I was just wondering. I don't own any Cold Steels, but I really like the master hunter 3v for its great steel and affordable price, and the ti lite 6" because its huge!
My only problem with Cold Steel is they're mostly China made.
My favorite brands are Spyderco for folding knives, and either Ontario or the Ka-Bar Becker series for fixed blades. I like the Becker BK-16 because of it's 1095 cro-van, it holds its edge extremely well and is easy to sharpen.
I like having American made knives.
That's one of the reasons I like the Cold Steel Master Hunter, because 3V is an American made steel.

Favorite knives at this point.... All you have to do is look at what is laying out where I can grab it. The rest take effort to dig out.

Folders: Vic SAK Adventurer, Vic SAK PE One Handed Trekker, Vic SAK Bantam, ZT 0770CF, Spyderco Native 5, Spyderco Delica 4, Spyderco Kiwi 4, GEC #42, GEC #14 Boys Knife. Honorable mention to Benchmade Mini Barrage. All of these get used, but the Vic Adventurer gets the most use.

Fixed Blades: Dozier Pro Guides Knife, Dozier K-6 Companion, Kabar Becker BK-15, Condor Bushlore and Mini Bushlore, and Blackjack 125.

Machetes: Condor 18" wood handled El Salvador, Condor Pack Golok, Condor Village Parang, Condor 14" Puerto Rican

I don't actually own a cold steel, but the one that most interests me is the broken skull, though I wish it didn't have a black coated blade. Black coated blades on folders just remind me too much of flea market folders.

Wow, that's a lot of knives! I'm not criticizing Cold Steel, I was just wondering.
My favorite brand for folding knives is Spyderco, for fixed blades it's either Ontario or the Ka-Bar Becker series. (Ka-Bar's 1095 cro-van has great edge retention and it sharpens easily)
The thing I don't like about Cold Steel is that they manufacture most of their knives overseas. But I do like the Master Hunter 3V because it is very good value for the steel, and because the steel is US made. I also like the Cold Steel Ti-Lite 6" because it's really, really big!

Wow, that's a lot of knives! I'm not criticizing Cold Steel, I was just wondering.
My favorite brand for folding knives is Spyderco, for fixed blades it's either Ontario or the Ka-Bar Becker series. (Ka-Bar's 1095 cro-van has great edge retention and it sharpens easily)
The thing I don't like about Cold Steel is that they manufacture most of their knives overseas. But I do like the Master Hunter 3V because it is very good value for the steel, and because the steel is US made. I also like the Cold Steel Ti-Lite 6" because it's really, really big!
I agree about American made. It's not just knives.... machetes, various war clubs, plastic knives, many knives (fixed and folding) and many other tools.

Back