Off Topic favorite hunting knife

I'm shopping for a new one now since I lost my ESEE AGK. Looking at a Benchmade Saddle Mountain in S90V, but following this thread to see what gets recommended

For general woods use, or a dedicated skinner-type knife?

I have lots that fill both roles nicely. Becker makes several good "camp" knives, and I have used my BK18 extensively for skinning - it works great as it is all belly.

BK18 (ignore the .45 rounds - it was for another thread):

fivMb6F.jpg

Buck Paklite Skinner is my current hunter. use it for field dressing, skinning, and quartering. fits easiily in my pack and my hand.
This is one knife I'd be interested in upgrading as it does start to dull fairly quickly working around a lot of hair and bone.
this pic was from a few years back

i-w9M3fTQ-S.jpg

IMG_20221202_112029948.jpg

Case Slab Side. A Christmas gift from my first employer, and the knife that started it all.

Edited to add: I haven't been out in pursuit of NY white tails in several years, but when/if I ever get out again, this knife will be on my hip. Despite having several knives that are probably better suited to the task at hand.

For general woods use, or a dedicated skinner-type knife?

I have lots that fill both roles nicely. Becker makes several good "camp" knives, and I have used my BK18 extensively for skinning - it works great as it is all belly.

BK18 (ignore the .45 rounds - it was for another thread):

fivMb6F.jpg
That’s a nice looking blade. I overlooked that one.

Like most folks here, I have way more knives than I actually need, but I like my Buck119's for general hunting use. My favorite is my Buck 119Pro, Really don't need a knife quite that large to just skin a deer, but cutting up some camp meat, or a fish, or whatever I need to do, it does it just fine. Of course I nearly always carry some kind of trapper style or large stockman folder on trips, too.

Back