Favorite Rimfires

Me614cC.jpg
Me614cC.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Just had some me time with my 22/45 today.
Left target is 50 rounds Right is 30 ,6" target

Last edited:
.... Fast forward 10yrs and what a difference. Our range time consisted of shooting nothing but rimfires for over 4 hours.:)
At some point I looked down at our make shift table and just laughed. Not a centerfire in sight.
vmdcp8w.jpg

So, show your favorite rimfires. Here's mine.
kxuZM8d.jpg

CZ 452 Varmint, Leupold 6-20x

Ruger 10/22 Takedown, Leupold 4x

Ruger Mk II
I seldom shoot anything other than rimfires any more. I think age does this to you. But I have big boomers too.

I have a CZ 452 Varmint too. It has a Mueller 4.5-14x APV AO scope on it. Nice rifle. Own one 10/22 (the "deluxe" version from about 20 years ago). I use it for plinking mostly from time to time. Also have a 5" Ruger Mark II which was my replacement for the High Standard Victor which is mostly used for plinking in the woods.

Me614cC.jpg
Me614cC.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Just had some me time with my 22/45 today.
Left target is 50 rounds Right is 30 ,6" target
Very nice LG&M. I'm entertaining the idea of a red dot on my MKII. I installed Williams Fire Sights on mine to aid my eyes. It helped a great deal.

Very nice LG&M. I'm entertaining the idea of a red dot on my MKII. I installed Williams Fire Sights on mine to aid my eyes. It helped a great deal.
I really like the Bushnell, bought it for a different firearm but it's not leaving Ruger. I bought a second one.

Looks just like Leghog's (middle rifle but without the sling and a more blond stock (unfinished). The only problem with them for me is the extractor and sometimes I have to just dump the empties out. Mine has both Mauser and MAS stamped on it.

They are fun. But if I am going open sights I tend to shoot the CZ 452 Trainer.

Last edited:
See the middle pic in my post. The French took the Mauser 45 training rifle tooling and continued manufacturing that rifle while stamping them MAS vs Mauser. Mine is Mauser stamped.
I got it.. Had a doh! moment. Thanks for the history lesson.

I must admit I miss owning a Ruger 10-22. I had an older beauty with a genuine walnut stock and a really nice blue job. I should have never sold it.

I currently own an Armi Jaeger AP74, a Browning BL-22 (Grade II), and S&W M&P 15-22 rifles.

On the pistol side I have Ruger Mark IV Hunter, SIG Sauer Mosquito, and an A. Uberti Stallion.

22LR rocks.

I always wanted a lever action .22 Marlin or Winchester . I may have to trade for one .

While I have several .22's, I'm not sure I can pick out one that I really love. I have a Grade III Browing .22 auto with custom additional engraving and gold inlay that is just a work of art. But I've never shot it, so I haven't gotten to really bond with it. Also have a 10/22 that was tuned by Cheif AJ, with a slender Butler Creek (iirc) stock that feels really nice in hand. But I wish it was more accurate. My original Whitney Wolverine would have to be my favorite pistol, just because of how awesome the grip fits my hand- it points very naturally for me. But I wish it wasn't so picky about ammo.

I enjoy seeing the guns especially the unique ones ... I need to get a new camera and spend some time getting pictures to share ... my phone camera just doesnt do justice to anything ... hoping to see more posts ... and maybe get some pictures to post and share this weekend.

Back