Favorite SAK?

Had Classics, Soliders, Recruits, Sportsman, a Wenger SI, Vic Cadet, Tinker, and Swisstool. Even had a Swisscard, which i really liked, but I'd have to say my favorite is my Super Tinker. I LOVE those scissors. All the tools i really use on a day to day to day basis in a nice, red, sheeple friendly package. Mine also has sentimental value to it. My wife gave it to me for our first year wedding anniversary, and my year old daughter got hold of it, and bit the scales, leaving tiny little teeth marks on it. Lots of use, lots of stories, and lots of memories.

I have lots of favorites but the ones that I use most often are probably the Classic SD, Rambler, Soldier, Scibeer Farmer (saw replaced with scissors), Swissbianco Yeoman (special run), and Spartan Lite.

It's changed a little. My favorite model's the Tinker, for sentimental and practical purposes. After that, I love the Farmer, SI, Traveller, PTC, and the OH GAK. I have plenty other models, but these are the ones I use most.

Last edited:
i'll always have a classic on my keychain. my favorite SAK changes between a Tinker and a Farmer depending on the mood i'm in and what i'm doing that day. i really like the farmer when i'm working outside or doing some hiking or other outdoor activity. on office days i love the tinker.

Soldier, the only SAK i bought and the only one i would buy
i also have a swiss card, but i dont consider that a SAK

Climber for EDC.

Outrider for off-the-concrete-path carry.

Vics, both of them.

My two favorites are a Wenger Adirondack and the Victorinox Cadet. Love the size and pack-lock(?) on the Wenger. Wish Vic. would adopt that feature.

For years, it was the Deluxe Tinker. Just recently, I've gone with the Huntsman Plus, which swaps the little pliers (which I found useful, but limiting), for the wood saw. I consider the wood saw best-in-class for its size. The "Plus" gets you the small screwdriver that's carried in the corkscrew, a straight pin, and the pen, all of which I use.

Victorinox Compact. I EDC it and love it. It's got all the things I actually use: blade, scissors, pen, screwdriver, tweezers, toothpick. Even has a corkscrew! All in a very compact, sheeple-friendly package so I don't hesitate to carry or use it.

Now if they'll just replace the "multi-purpose hook" (for which I can't think of even one purpose) with something useful like an awl or philips screwdriver, it would be the perfect EDC.

Victorinox Compact....Now if they'll just replace the "multi-purpose hook" (for which I can't think of even one purpose) with something useful like an awl or philips screwdriver, it would be the perfect EDC.

I agree! I hope SwissBianco is listening... Hehehehe...

I like my Super Tinker for it's size, my Adventurer for the longer blade
and It's about time rotate my Victorinox Troubleshooter back to my EDC

Alox Farmer, got one in my pocket right now. The saw is great for making holes in sheet rock for electrical outlets and such.

Rambler ....it has what I need in a very very small and thin profile.

Close second would be the Midnight Manager 2.

Blue alox vic farmer because it's useful and sexy and the executive...gotta love that orange peeler tool!

Back