Favorite Spyderco knives

2 of my most carried spydercos are the native 5 LW and the SE H1 spyderhawk. I've had an H1 spyderhawk on my person since it came out. I rit dyed the yellow one and carried it until the orange sprint came out. Probably the knife I've carried consistently the most in my life.
DdDOORB.jpg

One of my all time favorites though is the Kris.
na2eV5P.jpg

hiMBlwh.jpg

This is honestly a good representation of some of my favorite spydercos in one shot
PtJ2HZp.jpg

The autonomy 2 is fantastic from a design/engineering standpoint and it's a great user too.

The respect is probably one of my favorite spyderco fixed blades. I really like the darn Dao but the respect is easier to carry discreetly.

Gotta mention the Police 4 too. I used to carry a military in rotation pretty frequently but the police just carries better for me. Especially with tip up carry.
j4CBKzx.jpg

My most carried Spyderco is definitely the Para 3 (S110V) with RGT Ti clip. Sometimes I'll carry a PM2 in the same configuration.

When I want something lighter and smaller in the pocket, I like the Native 5 LW, also in S110V. I still like back locks for the strong spring keeping the blade closed. I like the corrosion resistance and edge holding of the steel. I have all of these in Maxamet as well, but haven't carried them.

I also like the Dragonfly2 in ZDP-189 and the Lil'Native. For years, my Spyderco of choice was the DF2.

My preferred locks are either a back lock or the compression lock.

My three EDC knives, all Spyderco... sold off all of my Benchmades, and others, except for the classic 710 M2... are...

PM2 S30V. Gets the most carry.
Sage 2 Ti S30V. With more dressy apparel.
Manix 2 CF S90V. Love this knife! When I know I'll need a knife that says and does it all.

Spyderco... great company, fine leadership, just a few miles away.

Over the past few weeks I've found the Tropen making it's way into my pocket. I sort of blends in there, often I forget that it is there. I like the fact that if I ever need to use it in self defense that the wave feature is there. Often it is used for regular tasks though. If I am around people, mainly customers when I pull it out they back away a few more steps. :D Overall between the Tropen and the PM2's here they seem to be the main carry knives.

864FD8CF-FE66-4506-AF00-53FD9241C541_zps6gntwp4d.jpeg

I tend to gravitate towards Spydercos with thinner blade stock such as the Police 4 / Manix line / Stretch line / Chaparral etc.

Though I won't shy away from my Militarys/PM2s/Para 3s and other great choices!

Paramilitary 2 (duh)
Smock
Spydiechef

Just got a Siren and I'm sure it'll be up there too.

View attachment 1321035 View attachment 1321036 View attachment 1321037 What a hard question! There has been SO many well designed and well implemented Syderco models throughout the years. Here are some models that I consider to be my honorable mentions:

Domino
Sage 1
Sage 2
Sage 5
Southard
Manix 2
Para 3
Techno❤️

My three runners up are:

3• Spydiechef
2• Slysz Bowie
1• Paramilitary 2

For years I have donned the Paramilitary 2, not only thinking that it was the best Spyderco, but that it was one of the best knives ever designed for every day tasks and ease of carry. I still think that it is one of the best. A couple of years ago I watched the announcement of the Shaman at shot show and didn’t think much of it. Thus, I completely missed the initial drop of the Shaman when it hit stores for $155. I started hearing a lot of buzz from the knife community about how great it was and even going as far as calling it the “Paramilitary 2 killer.” By the time that I was ready to jump on the wagon, the Shaman took a significant price hike to around $190. I was put off by the price and once again wrote off the Shaman. Needless to say, about a year ago, I finally ordered a Shaman. I awaited its arrival, like I had done for many knives before. But little did I know that this time would be a match made in heaven. When I finally removed the Shaman from the familiar red packaging and wrapped my hand around the ergonomic handle, it was like the clouds split and I could finally see the light for the first time. ⛅️ I loved the feel, the look, fit & finish, and weight. Truly one of the greats of our time.

Of course everyone’s mileage may very, but this was just my experience.

That Shaman looks great! if I may ask, where did you get the scales and the clip? Thanks!

Haven’t thought about this one in awhile...time to start researching again! Looking good...

Over the past few weeks I've found the Tropen making it's way into my pocket. I sort of blends in there, often I forget that it is there. I like the fact that if I ever need to use it in self defense that the wave feature is there. Often it is used for regular tasks though. If I am around people, mainly customers when I pull it out they back away a few more steps. :D Overall between the Tropen and the PM2's here they seem to be the main carry knives.

864FD8CF-FE66-4506-AF00-53FD9241C541_zps6gntwp4d.jpeg

That Shaman looks great! if I may ask, where did you get the scales and the clip? Thanks!

It did turn out nice. This one was done by Sharp Dressed Knives. They do great work. They also made my layered Carbon Fiber scale on my XM-18. I usually get my scales from there or Ron at RC Bladeworks... He does FANTASTIC work, also. I have many his scales on my knives, including my PM2.

The clip is from MXG Gear. They make several great, solid deep carry and milled titanium clips for a bunch of different models of knives.

Back