Favorite Victorinox?

My favorite used to be the Alox Cadet. But, I just got the limited edition navy blue Alox Pioneer. It is my new favorite.

8201L15US2.jpg

My EDC is a Tinker - always in my pocket. Sometimes a Deluxe Tinker if I'm traveling
Rich

Pioneer. Though I kind of envy my little brother's Soldier that he bought at a gas station when I drove him through Switzerland.

The Cadet would be fantastic if it only had an awl in place of the nail file. I mean, seriously.

No matter what else I'm EDCing there's always a Vic Cadet in my watch pocket. And since the Cadet is missing the tweezers there's also a Classic on my keychain. When I worked IT in an office I always carried a Cybertool as the pliers and Torx bits came in mighty handy. But my all-time favorite SAK is the Scientist. I don't carry one everyday but I like the magnifying glass on a two-layer SAK and have three of them as backups since it's long out of production.

Current favourites are the Alox Solo and Alox Farmer. Don't have a Pioneer just yet, but that's in the works. Previous favourite was the Huntsman in black, that was my go-to outdoor SAK, now I'm going a bit more lightweight and carrying the Farmer instead.

Fave is probably this Soldier or whatever it's called. I broke it in up in the north at a major river, opening a can of beans.

But the Pioneer and Farmer are also useful/sweet indeed.

Honourable mention also goes to my ancient and beloved Rucksack. And a honkin huge fire engine red Delemont.

Pioneer Rancher. It was red when I bought it 25 yers ago. It is now silver as most of red wore off in pocket

Alox Cadet, and the Compact is a close second. If they made an Alox Compact, it would kick a lot of other knives out of the pocket.

I'm a big fan of the 111mm Trekker 1 hand opening non serrated version....I have bigger hands, prefer a bigger knife, and it has everything I want on a SAK and nothing I don't

Last edited:
New style Soldier.
I love that the lock is set up lefty and serrations are toward the front.
I still use my old alox Soldiers but the new ones are more versitile for me.

The Alox pioneer, but I carry the Alox bantam more often. Its just so thin

I only have an alox farmer, which I do quite like. However, it doesn't get carried all that often around town (don't have a watch pocket on what I wear regularly, and cant stand things lumping together at the bottom of my pockets). It does get carried when out in the woods, but usually in the pouch of a fixed blades sheath (BK15/16).

Some of these others seem like they'd be great though. The non serrated one hand trekker looks nice (, as do the thinner 1-2 layer alox ones. Those I might be able to handle in deep pocket carry around town.

Got to be the Alox Soldier And then the Cadet. Really wish they would bring back the Cadet II. Or, even better, a Cadet with an awl ILO the file. They could call it a compact Pioneer.

My favorite was the plastic Bantam but I've had bad luck with them; the scales loosen up quickly and the toothpick gets stuck. This has happened on 4-5 Bantams.

I always have an Alox Bantam in my wallet and I've been carrying an Alox Solo a lot recently. I'd like to replace my Pioneer but that had a pretty mushy blade. I'd really like to see a large Alox Bantam.

I own and love several models, but the Midnite Manager is the one I wear on my keychain every day.

It's about the same size as a Classic, but I find the pen and LED flashlight more useful for EDC than the toothpick and tweezers, and it has a bottle opener and Phillips screwdriver to boot. Love it!

For edc, Alox Cadet or Electrician, depending on which day you ask me.

My overall favorite is the alox soldier my grandfather gave me.

Edited to add that I don't carry the soldier because I've lost it so many times, and one of these times I won't be lucky enough to get it back, so it's retired.

Back