Favorite Victorinox?

Alox Farmer for outdoors use and EvoGrip S18 for urban carry.I think the spring of the EvoGrip's scissors is not prone to break unlike that of the other models.

npcwHhb.jpg

I love my Classic, the original one with pointed nail file. The classic weighs almost nothing, and is great for backpacking because the scissors are indispensable for foot care. I personally use the nail cleaner and file a lot. Tweezers are also very nice to have in the backcountry for those like me who are splinter prone. I have an embarrassing number of Vic knives, but the Classic is the one I have carried the most in the last 10 years because it is so lightweight and handy.

Vic knives are what spawned my initial obsession collecting knives. I love them, but then one day my brother gave me a Spyderco Ladybug, and I understood the value of a lightweight lockback knife with good steel. Since then, I only carry lockback knives (Delica,...) unless I'm travelling to Europe, in which case I will take a Tinker or Camper. If I need a multitool, I use a Leatherman with a good pair of scissors.

(Sorry, no pics. Need to get in the habit of doing those using my tablet.)

Still relatively new to SAKs -- first one I purchased (a Secretary) was last June (had a Pocket Pal when I was a kid), and so far I have six in total. The one that's been my most-carried is a Super Tinker -- got it in July, and has been with me more days than not ever since. Not particularly large, but with the tools I like to have most often (especially scissors).

Subject to change, though; got a Compact and an Electrician soon after Christmas, and they've both been in rotation along w/ the Super Tinker. And I'm not done yet w/ getting more SAKs in the coming months (a Workchamp is currently the next on the Wish List).

The way I've chosen my slim choice of SAK's had been simple. I bought the Swiss champ, saw the tools I liked and carried most and found the knives that had those tools in them. If the huntsman had pliers and a nail file on it, it would be perfect. But then, I have the Swiss champ... lol

Been using a serrated Spartan, any sak with 3 layer is enough. GC

npcwHhb.jpg

I love my Classic, the original one with pointed nail file. The classic weighs almost nothing, and is great for backpacking because the scissors are indispensable for foot care. I personally use the nail cleaner and file a lot. Tweezers are also very nice to have in the backcountry for those like me who are splinter prone. I have an embarrassing number of Vic knives, but the Classic is the one I have carried the most in the last 10 years because it is so lightweight and handy.

Vic knives are what spawned my initial obsession collecting knives. I love them, but then one day my brother gave me a Spyderco Ladybug, and I understood the value of a lightweight lockback knife with good steel. Since then, I only carry lockback knives (Delica,...) unless I'm travelling to Europe, in which case I will take a Tinker or Camper. If I need a multitool, I use a Leatherman with a good pair of scissors.

And of course you know that the pointed file tip works great on small to medium phillips screws, don't you?
:D

Went to the sak store in my area & picked up a classic with blue handles US Air Force shield logo instead of the Vic cross. Don't have pics GC

image.jpg1_zpsilm8gjtu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sorry for the bad pic. Just got this. Think it is nos. But I'm not sure how to find out how old it is.

The one-hand non-serrated Trekker would be the knife I'd select if I was limited to one.

It's the pioneer for me. It is the right size and has the toosl that I may need on my endeavours.

i-FN3P65D-L.jpg

My Fieldmaster 2! I'm outside a lot, so it comes in handy. Has: large blade, small blade, saw, scissors, bottle opener, can opener, flathead screwdriver, Philips screwdriver, reamer, hook (don't know what it's purpose is..) and a wire stripper.

I love and have many alox. I tend to stick with pioneers/electricians. Cadets are great on a lazy day, really wish they would dump the nail file for an awl. Farmers are just a bit to bulky for me. This soldier (I have a few others) is the one that ends up in my pocket the most, could be due to the fact that it's stamped with my daughters birth year.

Last edited:
Mine is the blue alox Cadet, and the old alox Soldier. I have a picture of my blue alox Cadet.

As far as I'm concerned, there is no wrong answer here.

I'm partial to the Climber for normal EDC use, but love the Farmer for when I'll be in the woods. Like so many others on this thread, I also like the look and feel of the alox cadet, nice and light for pocket carry in shorts in the summer.

Back