Feb Batch

Peerless work once again. I really like that six pin setup you've got going on, it adds a little extra bling without going overboard.
That lager (sp?) g10 is some neat stuff, too.
Great stuff, Andy.
Iz

Man, they all look just great.

Of course, that KPH is killer.:thumbup::D;):thumbup:

You're "over the hump now" -- you're a knifemaker, for sure and certain.

Yeah, startin' to sound like Rush Limbaugh, now! "Talent on loan from God!!" :)

We know what you meant...I'll say this, though: God certainly gave you a talent for working with the materials that He created!

Yeah, I suspect he was just referring to the divine quality of some of the wood he uses when putting these spectacular blades together. If there is something more to it than that, sign me up for the next run of Excaliburs. Or is that Excaliburi?

Talk about a "Grail knife"....

One more pic. Check out the light going through those scales.

op102_1661-vi.jpg

Andy:
My runt just came in and I can't say enough great things about it!:eek: It is incredible! Weight, size, scales, sheath, everything is perfect! There are only a handful of times in my life that I have been able to say that I received much more than what I paid for. I can say that this is one of those times. Maybe a stupid question on my part, but I guess I forgot to ask when I ordered it, what is the steel? Also, previously in threads you mentioned that you might do a kitchen paring knife, but I never saw anything on it. Given the absolute perfection that you have achieved on this runt, I would gladly pay you whatever you would charge to do a paring knife for me. Choose whatever you want for scales or do it in Jade G10 as I am sure that it will look just as nice as it does on the runt. Just let me no the cost and time and all is good! Again, many thanks and much appreciation!

David

Andy:
My runt just came in and I can't say enough great things about it!:eek: It is incredible! Weight, size, scales, sheath, everything is perfect! There are only a handful of times in my life that I have been able to say that I received much more than what I paid for. I can say that this is one of those times. Maybe a stupid question on my part, but I guess I forgot to ask when I ordered it, what is the steel? Also, previously in threads you mentioned that you might do a kitchen paring knife, but I never saw anything on it. Given the absolute perfection that you have achieved on this runt, I would gladly pay you whatever you would charge to do a paring knife for me. Choose whatever you want for scales or do it in Jade G10 as I am sure that it will look just as nice as it does on the runt. Just let me no the cost and time and all is good! Again, many thanks and much appreciation!

David

Hey Great!! The Paring knife I'm making is a variant of the Ladyfinger with a slightly shortened handle. I'm still working on the kitchen knives. Its the handle thats giving me fits. The micarta's I've used aren't cutting it in the dishwasher. (Paper and linen.) I'm going to need to try something with G-10, and carbon fibre. I'm not willing to have a kitchen knife that is ruined when your wife throws it in the dishwasher. It should take that.

i am assuming the bushcrafters are both sold?

The Bushcrafters are going to KSF. :thumbup::thumbup: Keep an eye out there.

Hey Great!! The Paring knife I'm making is a variant of the Ladyfinger with a slightly shortened handle. I'm still working on the kitchen knives. Its the handle thats giving me fits. The micarta's I've used aren't cutting it in the dishwasher. (Paper and linen.) I'm going to need to try something with G-10, and carbon fibre. I'm not willing to have a kitchen knife that is ruined when your wife throws it in the dishwasher. It should take that.

Andy:
Feel free to experiment with the paring knife on me since my kitchen knives are not allowed to even be near a dishwasher much less in one.:thumbup: My wife understands this and is happy to let me handle the upkeep of our knives. Not that I'm obsessive about it or anything.:D

Andy:
My runt just came in and I can't say enough great things about it!:eek: It is incredible! Weight, size, scales, sheath, everything is perfect! There are only a handful of times in my life that I have been able to say that I received much more than what I paid for. I can say that this is one of those times.

Now I'm really jonesing!

Back