Fiddleback Flea Market

Last edited:
To FiddleBack Fanciers,,,I have now listed my brand new cuslom

The Lil' Lady just sold...
The Hiking Buddy is now at $185 PP with sheath if you want it. I will list it today under customs...

For Sale

Price includes PayPal fees and USPS priority shipping to US addresses. I will ship internationally only if buyer is willing to pay via PayPal gift and accept responsibility for lost or seized shipment.

The only trade or partial trade I'd consider for now would be for a Fiddleback Forge Handyman with a hardwood handle and 3/32" steel.

Camp Knife - $withdrawn - 3/16 A2, green burlap with black canvas bolsters, R. Lowe custom dangler sheath

This setup is in great condition. It has been used just a few times and shows some minor signs of it, including patina, spots, scuffs and scratches but as you'll see in the pictures, they are hardly noticeable without carefully scrutinizing the knife except a small flat spot on the edge of the butt of the handle.

20170522_104512

20170522_104457

20170522_104051

20170522_103755

20170522_103805

Last edited:
Well, I sold my only two FB knives today...both sold rather quickly. Obviously, I lost some money in the process, but I learned some things.
I like the FB knives. The quality is impeccable. The many grip options are wonderful. Very clean lines; perfection.
I do not need/like the 1/8" blade thickness for my VERY casual use. I don't go to "the woods." I want my carry knife to be thin enough to slice an apple. The FB knives I had were VERY sharp, but when slicing an apple...THIN IS IN.
My preferred knife will be 7" total length, or less, in order that I can carry it as horizontal cross-draw. A spine thickness of ~3/32" is one that I would prefer, and perhaps a hollow-grind and without a guard... to be more useful in the kitchen for veggie chopping, etc. I acted in haste in my purchase of the first two FB's, but will use what I learned to purchase fixed blades in the future. The nice folks that I've met here are quick to help and to offer suggestions...much appreciated. Thanks to all.
Don

Well, I sold my only two FB knives today...both sold rather quickly. Obviously, I lost some money in the process, but I learned some things.
I like the FB knives. The quality is impeccable. The many grip options are wonderful. Very clean lines; perfection.
I do not need/like the 1/8" blade thickness for my VERY casual use. I don't go to "the woods." I want my carry knife to be thin enough to slice an apple. The FB knives I had were VERY sharp, but when slicing an apple...THIN IS IN.
My preferred knife will be 7" total length, or less, in order that I can carry it as horizontal cross-draw. A spine thickness of ~3/32" is one that I would prefer, and perhaps a hollow-grind and without a guard... to be more useful in the kitchen for veggie chopping, etc. I acted in haste in my purchase of the first two FB's, but will use what I learned to purchase fixed blades in the future. The nice folks that I've met here are quick to help and to offer suggestions...much appreciated. Thanks to all.
Don
Hey Don. Keep an eye out. We may see more 3/32 from Fiddleback forge. You are right. They are top notch knives. You sound like you have what you want nailed down. Just need to watch for them. Have you had time to check out Chris’s work at OKT? He does 3/32 tapered tangs in guardless versions all the time. Might be another option for you. Good luck on your venture to find that knife and hope to see ya around here still.

Asp w Desert Ironwood black liners & white pinstripes TT Convex on 1/8" TT A2. Purchased from the Outpost 2016-12-16
BIG price drop at $315

Like new, carried maybe 2 or 3 times at most and used very little/lightly ... only better because it was lightly stropped with white compound to give it that extra edge. :)

Price include PayPal fees and US shipping via USPS small flat rate box. PM with any questions or reasonable offers.

Thanks for looking!

2v2uLbNVSxAKujh.jpg

For sale: all are unused and never carried. Email me for pictures rcartmell3@yahoo.com

1. Bushcrafter Jr. with paper sack burlap over black liners and lime pinstripe; TT; 5/32: 01 steel ($225)

2. Handyman SCANDI with Jade green G10 and Lime pinstripe; SFT; 1/8" A2 steel ($250)

3. Kephart with Doublemint Jade G10 over black with Lime pinstripe; CPM154 Stainless; SFT; 5/32" ($300)

4. EDC 2 with Blue Sycamore and lime pinstripe; TT; 5/32: 01 steel ($175)

SOLD BAT'L Axe with Ruby burlap commando convex ground on 1/8" A2 $100
Unused, uncarried, unsharpened ;)

2v2uLPwtyxAKujh.jpg

Well, maybe carried one time ...
2v29V5BjvxAKujh.jpg

Last edited:
Back