Important Info! Fiddleback Friday 7/24/20 (Early Preview)

I want to compliment Joey @JBKnifeworks on the pommel shape on the American Gyoto. I find that shape much more attractive, open-feeling, and practical than the traditional hooked bird's beak style. The knife looks great overall by the way. Great execution and material choices. :thumbsup:

Of course Andy's Fiddleback Fiddleback Sandoku is pretty special too. I appreciate all the creativity you have been putting into materials, bolsters, and compound pinstripes in recent weeks. It's nice to see your artistic flair taken to another level on more than just a knife or two. Very well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good luck with the sales! :)

Phil

Last edited:
Only the 2nd of that model I've made. Watching Joey make kitchen knives inspired me to do a few more. They are a ton more work than a bushcrafting knife. I stopped doing them back in the day because I didn't think I was making a good knife. Nowadays I have the skill. Still. There wont be many. They take 8x as much time to grind.

I’d appreciate it if you guys let me buy this one. Seein as I got the other one.

i-624W8fr-X3.jpg

i-cCNXgXC-X3.jpg

I get the shark thing, so maybe if you could go after something else for 15 seconds, I'd appreciate it.... No hard feelings either way, I get it!

Well...6 hours of work down the toilet. The video is not happening! I've got footage corrupted somehow that won't transfer...so I can't get the edits knocked out. There's no time to do anything else. I'm beyond frustrated that most of my day has been for nothing at this point.

I am going to try and salvage as many of the knives in hand as I can and post them individually on IG & Facebook...assuming they don't fail. You'll likely have to go to our page directly (@fiddlebackforge of course) since the algorithm will likely block most of them when I start uploading so many at one time. It's my only option to get you guys to be able to see any of the video footage at all.

I'll start right away and get as far as I can before 9PM. Good luck everybody!

What... next thing I know choppas will be a dime a dozen and woodpeckers mass produced in Shina. My plan of investing 68% of my retirement in knives , 10% in Guns and the remaining 22% in single batch bourbon is rapidly unraveling. Luckily I still have 3.8% invested in bitcoin and 7.23 % in cigars and pipe tobacco. So I’m feeling... well, quite frankly, I’m feeling like my math is wrong... maybe I should have not let my wife have that power of attorney— who am I kidding she’s the bestest!. And it’s all tumbled and alll. #one+one=three #feelinforgotten #sucksgetinold

Last edited:
Not me - I was on the sidelines tonight.
I will say, Andy, I thought that the Sandoku was absolutely magnificent. I must have looked at that Sandoku 20+ times since its posting looking at the grind and finish on that piece!
I hope that despite the added work at your end and your known preference towards 'bush'/woods type knives, that you will continue to take your skills into production of some kitchen-related utility knives.
As I scroll through and read old postings here on Blade Forum I see that many of the Fiddleback models have wound up being tried, with some finding permanent homes, in the kitchen.
Personally , I have an old Sandoku which I debated trying to replace tonight - - however, tonight was not to be the night as my significant other decided to blow-out the current household discretionary funds on a landscaping project (I know - the nerve!).

Congratulations to the person who did land the Sandoku - great catch.

Sweet batch of knives! Man that Santoku is really something!! So are the Renegade and Duke! Funny how often I learn something I never expected to learn in these posts. This time it is that I actually prefer the Wasp in this config not swedged or dagger ground. Life is ever a curiosity.

Well, I am happy for all of those who scored. I missed out - sadly (for me).

Truly epic bicycle accident early Friday morning. Still here at hospital. 8 very broken ribs (in a row) plus my clavicle.

Missing out on a chance at that Recluse is pretty much salt in my all-to-real wounds!

Enjoy ‘em!

Truly epic bicycle accident early Friday morning. Still here at hospital. 8 very broken ribs (in a row) plus my clavicle.

Missing out on a chance at that Recluse is pretty much salt in my all-to-real wounds!

Enjoy ‘em!

Ouch! Wish I could help, but the recluse isn't headed my way. Heal up quickly and maybe think about riding a bike!

Enjoy ‘em!

Sorry to hear about the bicycle accident. That sounds extremely painful. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery as well. Did you get hit by a car?

Wow. Thanks, Rufus and jaz and everyone. This community here really is the best. That means something. Thank you.

No, car did not hit me, just gave me a brush pitch pass and I hit a rock, pitching high PSI racing front tire violently to the right, which sucked into a rough asphalt groove, which in turn pitched me into the curb. Endo’d from there. You know. Dominoes.

Cheers

Back