1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Important Info! Fiddleback Friday 7/24/20 (Early Preview)

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Kenneth F Huls

Kenneth F Huls Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Fantastic!

Fiddleback likes this.
  2. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    That means a lot coming from you Choppa.

Choppaman likes this.
  3. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    I want to compliment Joey @JBKnifeworks on the pommel shape on the American Gyoto. I find that shape much more attractive, open-feeling, and practical than the traditional hooked bird's beak style. The knife looks great overall by the way. Great execution and material choices. :thumbsup:

Of course Andy's @Fiddleback Sandoku is pretty special too. I appreciate all the creativity you have been putting into materials, bolsters, and compound pinstripes in recent weeks. It's nice to see your artistic flair taken to another level on more than just a knife or two. Very well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good luck with the sales! :)

Phil

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  4. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    I’d appreciate it if you guys let me buy this one. Seein as I got the other one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I get the shark thing, so maybe if you could go after something else for 15 seconds, I'd appreciate it.... No hard feelings either way, I get it!

5. Fiddleback Outpost

Fiddleback Outpost Fiddleback Forge Knives & Fiddleback Outpost Gear

Apr 29, 2016
    Well...6 hours of work down the toilet. The video is not happening! I've got footage corrupted somehow that won't transfer...so I can't get the edits knocked out. There's no time to do anything else. I'm beyond frustrated that most of my day has been for nothing at this point.

I am going to try and salvage as many of the knives in hand as I can and post them individually on IG & Facebook...assuming they don't fail. You'll likely have to go to our page directly (@fiddlebackforge of course) since the algorithm will likely block most of them when I start uploading so many at one time. It's my only option to get you guys to be able to see any of the video footage at all.

I'll start right away and get as far as I can before 9PM. Good luck everybody!

B Griffin and Kenneth F Huls like this.
  6. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    I wonder if he forgot about swo's or the one his wife has:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:D

Kenneth F Huls and Nbrackett like this.
  7. swonut

swonut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 1, 2007
    What... next thing I know choppas will be a dime a dozen and woodpeckers mass produced in Shina. My plan of investing 68% of my retirement in knives , 10% in Guns and the remaining 22% in single batch bourbon is rapidly unraveling. Luckily I still have 3.8% invested in bitcoin and 7.23 % in cigars and pipe tobacco. So I’m feeling... well, quite frankly, I’m feeling like my math is wrong... maybe I should have not let my wife have that power of attorney— who am I kidding she’s the bestest!. And it’s all tumbled and alll. #one+one=three #feelinforgotten #sucksgetinold

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  8. Moosedog01

Moosedog01 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2017
    Another great Friday lineup, but that Drop Point Renegade and Stormy Night Recluse - just Wow!

Kenneth F Huls likes this.
  9. David L

David L Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Those Brass pins on Lager G-10 Gyuto that J.B. made, Wow!

10. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Who got the Sandoku????

Kenneth F Huls likes this.
  11. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    Someone needs to snag the Warlander

12. Toppcats

Toppcats Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2019
    Not me - I was on the sidelines tonight.
    I will say, Andy, I thought that the Sandoku was absolutely magnificent. I must have looked at that Sandoku 20+ times since its posting looking at the grind and finish on that piece!
    I hope that despite the added work at your end and your known preference towards 'bush'/woods type knives, that you will continue to take your skills into production of some kitchen-related utility knives.
    As I scroll through and read old postings here on Blade Forum I see that many of the Fiddleback models have wound up being tried, with some finding permanent homes, in the kitchen.
    Personally , I have an old Sandoku which I debated trying to replace tonight - - however, tonight was not to be the night as my significant other decided to blow-out the current household discretionary funds on a landscaping project (I know - the nerve!).

Congratulations to the person who did land the Sandoku - great catch.

13. Rufus Magnus

Rufus Magnus Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Yes that Sandoku is a marvelous kitchen knife Art and I am hoping Andy will continue to create great and unique kitchen knives. I got the pink Gyuto by JBK two Fridays ago for my wife and she says the knife makes the food taste better ... we both love it !!!

14. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Sweet batch of knives! Man that Santoku is really something!! So are the Renegade and Duke! Funny how often I learn something I never expected to learn in these posts. This time it is that I actually prefer the Wasp in this config not swedged or dagger ground. Life is ever a curiosity.

Fiddleback and Kenneth F Huls like this.
  15. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Well, I am happy for all of those who scored. I missed out - sadly (for me).

Truly epic bicycle accident early Friday morning. Still here at hospital. 8 very broken ribs (in a row) plus my clavicle.

Missing out on a chance at that Recluse is pretty much salt in my all-to-real wounds!

Enjoy ‘em!

B Griffin and Fiddleback like this.
  16. swonut

Jan 1, 2007
    Ouch! Wish I could help, but the recluse isn't headed my way. Heal up quickly and maybe think about riding a bike!

17. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    The mere thought of such a thing is very touching and appreciated by this old steel addict.
    Thank you! (and “yes” to that last little bit - at least as to that bike!)

B Griffin and Fiddleback like this.
  18. Rufus Magnus

Rufus Magnus Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 8, 2019
    Holy moly!! Sorry about your accident. I can’t imagine the pain you’re in. I’m hoping you have a speedy recovery.

I was on the sidelines this Friday. I’m sure you’ll score a nice Recluse in the near future.

19. jaz322

jaz322 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Sorry to hear about the bicycle accident. That sounds extremely painful. Hoping for a full and speedy recovery as well. Did you get hit by a car?

Fiddleback and Kenneth F Huls like this.
  20. Kenneth F Huls

Jul 11, 2012
    Wow. Thanks, Rufus and jaz and everyone. This community here really is the best. That means something. Thank you.

No, car did not hit me, just gave me a brush pitch pass and I hit a rock, pitching high PSI racing front tire violently to the right, which sucked into a rough asphalt groove, which in turn pitched me into the curb. Endo’d from there. You know. Dominoes.

Cheers

Fiddleback likes this.