Fiddlebacks and Food

There needs to be a FF&Friends cookbook...There's too many good dishes coming from everyone. Every Post.:thumbsup:

What a great Idea. I would definitely help contribute. My co worker and I are actually working on a cook book right now. Every year for the past 5 years the whole month of October we have to make a dish with pumpkin it, we call it the pumpkin challenge. It gets extremely challenging by the middle to end of the month when you are completely sick of pumpkin but its a blast and puts your culinary skills and creativity to the test. We should do some kind of fiddleback cooking challenge and write down the recipes and make a book! I would take everyones recipes and combine them into something for all the contributing members if you guys wanted to get serious about it.

What a great Idea. I would definitely help contribute. My co worker and I are actually working on a cook book right now. Every year for the past 5 years the whole month of October we have to make a dish with pumpkin it, we call it the pumpkin challenge. It gets extremely challenging by the middle to end of the month when you are completely sick of pumpkin but its a blast and puts your culinary skills and creativity to the test. We should do some kind of fiddleback cooking challenge and write down the recipes and make a book! I would take everyones recipes and combine them into something for all the contributing members if you guys wanted to get serious about it.
Aaaannd......each recipe could have a FF model theme, with the recipe somehow incorporating the contributor’s favorite model or something to that effect. You know, like Lil Lady Lasagna or Bushfinger Beans And Rice, etc etc.... All you fellas who cook outdoors or in the backcountry must have some killer recipes to share. Fun to think about, at least.

homemade Hawaiian pizza. camera battery is dead, awful phone pictures....
s147l4.jpg

2igyohz.jpg

VT that sounds very good. We’d just need to run that by Phillip first. Then go from there!
btw
I make a pumpkin stew Tex Mex style every year, with roasted pork of course!

In honor of a cheat weekend, was in the mood for some good ol' American staple in the form of spaghetti & meatballs :)

Of course gotta get the sauce going first, let that cook nice and slow for several hours (there was no thin slicing of garlic with razor blade in this sauce....)
26750932138_f456701f8a_z.jpg

Get them meatballs dredged in flour to get that crust on before finish cooking in the sauce, oh yeah!
38812726340_bb0e02f86c_c.jpg
38812725990_10ac8c3422_z.jpg

The all important "is it done yet" test (aka I'm too hungry to wait till I plate this thing)

40580514642_e666641bd9_c.jpg
40580514002_7c98fbcee6_z.jpg

A humble plate of S&MB (with some freshly grated parmigiano reggiano #makeamericagrateagain), went very nicely with some red wine :D Hope everyone had a great weekend!
26750932108_0a20fa97a1_c.jpg

Last edited:
In honor of a cheat weekend, was in the mood for some good ol' American staple in the form of spaghetti & meatballs :)

Of course gotta get the sauce going first, let that cook nice and slow for several hours (there was no thin slicing of garlic with razor blade in this sauce....)
26750932138_f456701f8a_z.jpg

Get them meatballs dredged in flour to get that crust on before finish cooking in the sauce, oh yeah!
38812726340_bb0e02f86c_c.jpg
38812725990_10ac8c3422_z.jpg

The all important "is it done yet" test (aka I'm too hungry to wait till I plate this thing)

40580514642_e666641bd9_c.jpg
40580514002_7c98fbcee6_z.jpg

A humble plate of S&MB (with some freshly grated parmigiano reggiano #makeamericagrateagain), went very nicely with some red wine :D Hope everyone had a great weekend!
26750932108_0a20fa97a1_c.jpg
S&MB is my favorite food and that looks delicious.

Looks awesome!! We went a little healthier but in a similar vein tonight. Baked turkey meatballs with a chunky, veggie-rich sauce and green beans almondine.

I didn't brother taking any pictures because it wasn't very exciting and I didn't have a Fiddleback close by.

Looks awesome!! We went a little healthier but in a similar vein tonight. Baked turkey meatballs with a chunky, veggie-rich sauce and green beans almondine.

I didn't brother taking any pictures because it wasn't very exciting and I didn't have a Fiddleback close by.
Of all people here you’re mr. lean and don’t need to be eating turkey anything. Unless it’s deep fried turkey.

Back