Finished Custom Orders- 2020

Over three years here on a couple orders, one paid in full (story behind that one). Lets hope his last Friday drop message stating he's going to focus on getting orders done by the end of the year comes to fruition.

The fact that the paid in full order list is not completed is quite disturbing. I believe that those custom orders started in 2017?

Last edited:
What's the word on everyone's orders? I know I'm over the 2 year mark. I'm just really disappointed in the complete lack of professionalism he shows.

So sorry everyone. I still wonder how it all happened, so as to avoid something like this in the future for other makers. Was it too many orders accepted without realistically looking at what could be accomplished? Or was there a family emergency or bad business decision that affected it all? Hang in there everyone.

No word on mine either, ordered two back to back in early 2020 (April/May). Paid the deposit on both, got a ding on one in late 2021, paid in full and two months later he showed me the image and he changed the features that were requested. Said it would be 30 days to redo it, he said that twice a couple separate times in 2022 and has not got back to me after sending him a couple text messages. Actually sent him two of my personal Bushcrafters in late 2021 to work out some grind/machine marks and still no comms. I have a daughter attending school a couple hours north of his location, may just have to pay him a non-notice visit to find out what's going on. He has now stated a couple years back to back that he would have "All" pre-orders completed by the end of the year and a recent (couple months ago) weekly message stating he was going to slow down on his Friday sales to catch up on the orders but as many of you may have seen, the Friday sales appear to be as brisk as ever.

So sorry everyone. I still wonder how it all happened, so as to avoid something like this in the future for other makers. Was it too many orders accepted without realistically looking at what could be accomplished? Or was there a family emergency or bad business decision that affected it all? Hang in there everyone.
The short answer, "yes", I believe Adam got way ahead of himself on the orders and should have cut them off well prior. I worked with his brother (Aaron, Gray Wolf Knives) on quite a few orders, never had any issues with comms, timelines, etc. According to Adam, they collaborated together on some of Aaron's models and maybe that is where some of the delay can be attributed to but who knows. Some clear communication on his part is certainly needed. The fact I see no one postings here (2020 Orders) and other sites such as BCUSA of orders being fulfilled makes me worry. I believe I've only seen a couple for sale in threads with birth certificate cards dated in 2022/23.

No word on mine either, ordered two back to back in early 2020 (April/May). Paid the deposit on both, got a ding on one in late 2021, paid in full and two months later he showed me the image and he changed the features that were requested. Said it would be 30 days to redo it, he said that twice a couple separate times in 2022 and has not got back to me after sending him a couple text messages. Actually sent him two of my personal Bushcrafters in late 2021 to work out some grind/machine marks and still no comms. I have a daughter attending school a couple hours north of his location, may just have to pay him a non-notice visit to find out what's going on. He has now stated a couple years back to back that he would have "All" pre-orders completed by the end of the year and a recent (couple months ago) weekly message stating he was going to slow down on his Friday sales to catch up on the orders but as many of you may have seen, the Friday sales appear to be as brisk as ever.
That non-notice visit is a great idea and I would love for everyone who has been wanting for 2 plus years to all show up at once. I know more than once I've wanted to talk/yell during his live Instagram feeds he has.

That non-notice visit is a great idea and I would love for everyone who has been wanting for 2 plus years to all show up at once. I know more than once I've wanted to talk/yell during his live Instagram feeds he has.
I through a question out during one his live streams referring to a status on orders and he quickly said to call or text him, well that didn't work either. That needs to be an instagram video alone to discuss al these orders and where he's at in the process.

Adam does check in here at Bladeforums occasionally. He should see that customers have concerns. Mr. Gray should be reaching out immediately. It would not surprise me if his fanboys keep him informed. Adam has no excuse for his lack of communication. One could question why people support this behavior.

Last edited:
Who ever monitors the AA Forge account on BF (Adam, I presume) was on yesterday evening, likely watching this thread.

Since AA Forge does not address this thread, or any of the posts of forgotten buyers, but is clearly aware of the discontent and grief, perhaps moving to the GBU and starting a new thread could shift extra attention to the issue, at least a little bit more.

The additional attention is not a tactic that guarantees a resolution, but again adds an element of pressure due to the wider audience in the GBU.

Back