First bite

I would suggest a mixture of crushed raw garlic clove together with Manuka Honey. In my experience this both causes rapid healing of wounds but also reduces infections significantly. It will burn a bit when you put it on, actually both the Manuka honey AND Garlic have this quality on their own. The Manuka honey has antibiotic qualities, especially something with a higher 'K' value. The garlic is also antibiotic for about a day before it begins to lose potency as the compounds break down.

Another quality of honey is that as it is mixed with water (from the wound, which is drawn out through osmosis) it creates a steady formation of hydrogen peroxide. As the wound infects, it will create compounds that will actually breakdown hydrogen peroxide rapidly so regular applications of hydrogen peroxide solutions may not help at this point. I see hydrogen peroxide as most useful before infection sets in but may still help if continued frequently.

Also, if you can purchase one of these lamps and bulbs and use it every day on the wound as much as possible. A treatment should last about 15-20 minutes, and can be repeated three or four times daily for a severe infection. I would almost assume that is going to get infected due to the size of the cut, so the heat will greatly help speed the healing and add needed 'warming' quality to keep away infection.

You can purchase 250 Watt Heat Lamps at many hardware stores, Home Depot sells Philips and Lowe's sells GE brands --- both are good. I recommend ordering a lamp from Amazon or something similar...

If you follow this advice I would expect much more rapid healing than having not followed it but either way, best of luck and I hope things turn out well for you.

I would suggest a mixture of crushed raw garlic clove together with Manuka Honey. In my experience this both causes rapid healing of wounds but also reduces infections significantly. It will burn a bit when you put it on, actually both the Manuka honey AND Garlic have this quality on their own. The Manuka honey has antibiotic qualities, especially something with a higher 'K' value. The garlic is also antibiotic for about a day before it begins to lose potency as the compounds break down.

Another quality of honey is that as it is mixed with water (from the wound, which is drawn out through osmosis) it creates a steady formation of hydrogen peroxide. As the wound infects, it will create compounds that will actually breakdown hydrogen peroxide rapidly so regular applications of hydrogen peroxide solutions may not help at this point. I see hydrogen peroxide as most useful before infection sets in but may still help if continued frequently.

Also, if you can purchase one of these lamps and bulbs and use it every day on the wound as much as possible. A treatment should last about 15-20 minutes, and can be repeated three or four times daily for a severe infection. I would almost assume that is going to get infected due to the size of the cut, so the heat will greatly help speed the healing and add needed 'warming' quality to keep away infection.

You can purchase 250 Watt Heat Lamps at many hardware stores, Home Depot sells Philips and Lowe's sells GE brands --- both are good. I recommend ordering a lamp from Amazon or something similar...

If you follow this advice I would expect much more rapid healing than having not followed it but either way, best of luck and I hope things turn out well for you.
My go too at home is a tin of bag balm. Melt down the bag balm, and add about 60 ml of tea tree oil.

Similar train of thought.

I've had my fair share of dumb ideas in my younger drinking days. Like using a neck knife as a spoon to scoop out the last bit of a jello shooter and.... cut the side of my mouth.

Its doing pretty good. It will be doing better when busse finally stops teasing us about the triceratops....... lol

More pics for ya

So, fyi, don't use the blade side of your sykco to open a beer..... first busse kin bite.
Hope you’re doing well.

You post has inspired me to dig up pictures of my own idiotic knife injury at some point and get made fun of by the forum.

Not today though.

I read through the thread and just wanted to say that I admire you for being on of the few people I have heard rationally explain why a hospital is not necessary. When I attempt to do that to people in my life they don’t understand so I have simplified it down to “the ER is there to save your life” and they walk away irritated.

Back