First knife of 2020

Well...so much for my New Years resolution of buying fewer knives. I wasn’t even out of bed before I made a purchase. I’ve been eyeballing a little Buck 102 for a bit and noticed a sale with free shipping. One click and done, still in bed....
007-E84-AA-8-E44-4-EFD-83-CD-11-F86-FDD1-EAC.jpg
I've got a standard and love it, only thing I can think of not to like about this FFG version is the lack of an actual stamp like I so love from Buck.

I got two knives today.
An old hickory 8" slicer and an old Victor wire handled bread / cake knife, my aunt found both when they were renovating their new house and saved them for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 315
Congrats on your first of 2020. I’ve been eyeballing that Buck as well.

I have three arriving today.

1. 3V Bark River Fox River LT
p3777201115-5.jpg

2. D2 CJRB Centros
p3777734246-5.jpg

3. D2 Steel Will F61-08
p3777734190-5.jpg

Last edited:
Well...so much for my New Years resolution of buying fewer knives. I wasn’t even out of bed before I made a purchase. I’ve been eyeballing a little Buck 102 for a bit and noticed a sale with free shipping. One click and done, still in bed....
007-E84-AA-8-E44-4-EFD-83-CD-11-F86-FDD1-EAC.jpg
"...I wasn’t even out of bed before I made a purchase" :D:D:D
Lol, can't blame ya for that! The Buck Woodsman is the first knife I lusted after 50 something years ago when my friend (who had everything:mad:) got one for scouts. The new 102 is at least as cool!:cool: Great score and at an amazing price... almost had me ordering one.:eek:;)

Mine will probably be the 23, unless there's a scramble. I'm still mulling over the Warhorse. If it was a bit bigger it would have been a done deal months ago. If there's a scramble for the 23, I might need a consolation prize ... :)

2019 was a great year and 2020 is starting off with a bang as well. Just scored on a #86 white bone for my first purchase of the year. The Black Jack & stag 86 arrived last week as my final 2 of 2019.

I have a '70's Puma 675 stockman on the way. Been looking for a decent one at a reasonable price for a while. Found it online in a pawnshop. Should be here next week. And I told myself that I need to back off on my knife buying! I can stop at anytime...

Had a gorgeous pair come in the mail today. Technically, they were purchased in 2019, though. Case Chestnut Bone Swayback Gent in CV, and a gorgeous Loveless style Drop Point Hunter in 1095 and Desert Ironwood Burl from CThompson CThompson . I can't wait to get some pictures of them tomorrow!

My first knife of 2020 is currently enroute from Finland.

View attachment 1258415

I've found that one tempting too! :)

My first knife of 2020 though, is a very generous gift from Charlie @waynorth :) Charlie posted it well before Christmas, but the post has been terrible here this year, finally arrived today :) What a great knife :cool: Thanks Charlie, you're a great pal :) :thumbsup:

lM7BlVz.jpg

Broke the ice for 2020.

I'm loving the brass. May need to pickup a GEC 44 to compliment it :)

creQfyV.jpg

Gotta love the little 55, just last week they announced that they'd be making them with ebony scales from Taylor guitars like they now do with the 110 once again.

Back