First knife of 2021?

These 2, I couldn't decide which one to take so I got both :D

20210104_203344.jpg

The first three knives for 2021 for me will be:

Spyderco Native 5 in SPY 27 blade steel.

( I wanted the Manix 2 SPY 27, but none of my favorite dealers had them.)

Steel Will Sedge in gray G10 handle scales and black-coated 4-inch D2 blade steel.

Steel Will Barghest in black G10 handle scales and satin 4-inch D2 blade steel.

I'm quite in love with Spy27 on my Para 3 lightweight.

First, and quite possibly last, knife purchase of 2021 was ordered today, January 02,2021.
A new BTI Old Timer 7OT. (with tan/brown vertical leather sheath.)
Why? I like the 7OT, and the Saw Cut Delrin covers will match my BTI Old Timer 858OT and 858OTB, unlike my vintage made in ASA Old Timer 7OT'S. There is a difference in colors, and the number, and size of grooves per inch. The vintage ones have a reddish hue, and are finer, with more per inch.

It should arrive by mid-month, with a bunch of archery, and "old man"/"old thing" things, like a cane, and reach extender.
(it's disgusting that they've moved the floor and ground so far away these last few years ...)
I have extra of that stuff-cane, reach extender, walker, rollator, wheelchair. I've finally Heald enough that I don't need any of it.

If you want any of it, it's yours just message me.

Well It was gona be the giant mouse grand but apparently I got the itch and couldn't wait for them to be in stock and just ordered the Hogue Ritter RSK to hold me over...I wish they had that purple handle on the full size one btw.

Well It was gona be the giant mouse grand but apparently I got the itch and couldn't wait for them to be in stock and just ordered the Hogue Ritter RSK to hold me over...I wish they had that purple handle on the full size one btw.
Lol just snagged a grand off the exchange this morning hahaha. Should have waited on the RSK...o-well...guess the grand could be the first knife now depending on which shows up first.

Got these yesterday.. takes care of my small FB need and am expanding my 2 layer collection a bit. EnZo 70 with Black Micarta, SAK Sportsman, and Compact. Now I'll wait to see what comes out for the rest of my list.View attachment 1486824

Honestly I’m trying to not buy any knives in 2021. If anything I’ll order a custom Griptilian with cf scales and a satin sheep’s foot blade from Benchmade or maybe the Protech Malibu reverse tanto with the stonewash blade.

Well I haven’t kept to this at all. I did score the stonewashed Malibu but i’ve picked up a mini adamas (which I’m looking to sell) the smkw exclusive bugout in m4, shaman z wear sprint and a ZT 0562cf. I did sell off 45 (!) knives at the beginning of 2021 so I guess I’m ahead of the game in that regard. And I did resist the urge to buy the DLT exclusive hinderer eklipse in spear point yesterday so there’s that.

Back