First knife of 2021?

Lee D

BANNED
I’m looking thru my list of knives that have caught my eye (yes I jot a knife down if I’m interested) and very well may be my next purchase. So far I’ve narrowed it down to a couple...the Backpacker Pro, a Winkler of some sort, and a Microtech OTF are the front runners.
I don’t NEED any of them, I just want an example of something I don’t have in my collection. So I ask you fellow members, after we get thru Christmas, do you have a knife that’s in line to be your first purchase of 2021?

I'm hoping to get a hinderer tri way eklipse. If they descide to do another run. We'll see. That's really the only thing I want right now. Also a holt, but they are way overpriced. Maybe if the bubble bursts.

I’m pretty much done buying stuff for myself. I have everything I’ll ever need if I live to be 1000 years old.

Gonna pay bills put money in the bank and hopefully be in a position to help my kids a little.

I think times are going to be tough coming up in the near future. The next generation will have it rough. I see prices on everything skyrocketing

I certainly hope I’m wrong.

The way USPS is delivering, some of the ones I've already purchased and are in the mail, may not get here until after New Years, or at all. :(
I don’t want this to come across as a jab at the USPS, I’ve always had good luck with them, but I received a canoe last week that for whatever reason sat in Des Moines for 4 days. Usually BHQ to here is 3/4 days, not 8. No biggie, I’m patient, but it did have me wondering.

If cold steel releases the 3V trail master, then I’m getting one. If they re-release a mini recon 1 with a satin finish, I’d get at least 1.

That’s all that comes to mind at the moment, besides possibly another forum knife.

I’m gonna try not to buy anything knife related. I have all I need and then some.

I would have to have the deal of a lifetime fall in my lap on something I’ve wanted for a long time for me to bite in this coming year.

I don’t want this to come across as a jab at the USPS, I’ve always had good luck with them, but I received a canoe last week that for whatever reason sat in Des Moines for 4 days. Usually BHQ to here is 3/4 days, not 8. No biggie, I’m patient, but it did have me wondering.
SW Louisiana 100 miles to New Roads, LA, through USPS Baton Rouge, which promptly sent the knife to Spokane, WA.

I'm usually firmly in the pro USPS camp but this last month has been horrible. I've had packages late between 4 and 14 days. Currently waiting on one from AZ that is 22 days without a second scan in the system.

Anyway, on topic I have no plans on another knife at the moment but I'm sure that will change eventually.

I'm hoping I can set enough money aside to replace a Medford Praetorian T that I sold a long time ago. Even though it's literally the most basic configuration possible, I've only ever seen ONE for sale in the last few years. I'm going to build it on Medford's site and hopefully I'll get it by April or May

I haven't bought a knife from an online retailer in almost 2 years.

My first knife of 2021 will probably be from the exchange here. This year, I've been a good boy. Only bought 4 knives so far. All from the exchange.

Last edited:
What I want:

1sKBcSd.jpg

Mdntc3Z.jpg

UBPnVq9.jpg

What I should get:

aXc8vQl.jpg

There are a couple gyutos and tall nakiris I've had my eye on. Maybe one of them. Or not. Impeding poor economy aside I'm pretty well set.
Really the last couple years I've mostly bought budget EDCs. Nothing in the mid to high budget range has really caught my eye.

Back