First knife of 2021?

I will almost certainly replace the Pac Salt that was lost last summer. I have a reasonable need for that one.

I have a few “ifs.”
If they release a good CGG, I’ll pick up a Sebenza 31, employment permitting.
Same goes if they ever make a Medford skinny Infraction (in the right flavor).
I’m always on a lazy lookout for the “right” 3” XM-18.

Last edited:
Nothing really on the horizon of my to buy list.
I haven’t made a single knife this year and have about 6 in various stages of completion. I’d really like to focus more on making and finishing projects.
I’m sure something will come up that I’ll have to buy on an impulse I just don’t see it yet.

2021?! Pretty sure I’m not even done buyin’ knives this year...:p:D
Christmas has hit me hard this year. I’d love to pick up a knife or two before the end of the year, but my daughters and granddaughter come first.
I’m telling myself that they’re gonna be available after the holidays.

Last edited:
2021 seems pretty far away. I may have bought all I want by then and take 2021 off. My want list has gotten much smaller these past years, and even those few I really don't need.
But I have my eye on a Burger EXK now and maybe a Hinderer 3" XM-18 Gen 2 non flipper-that one may take me into 2021 to find.

The one I know I want will be my friction folder from JK knives. Maybe actually get some use of my inexpensive knives like my Moras, Opinel, or Douk Douk squirrel. And maybe one of my grail knives, my Hudson Bay knife from ML knives. So not buy,......someone said that was an optimistic goal rather than a realistic goal....but use next year. I do like some of the AG Russell knives.

One thing I want to try in 2021 rather than a new knife, is to try different carry method. I want to explore the various horizontal fixed blade carry or even may get a sheath made my Horsewright knives. Another goal is to practice my sharpening skills. So just enjoy and use my knives more for 2021.:p

That JK friction folder will get used, I want to see how I like that as an EDC.

Probably a Skaha 2.... been on the waitlist for a year now. Still four months to go until my turn comes :(. The changed their main bevel from machined to a flat grind plunge. Let see how it turns out

I may buy 1 or 2 this year........ I really am interested in the BM 945 Osborne. Need to get some new furniture. Plus money is tight and the future uncertain on income.
Should put some money aside also........

An ultra high-end custom should arrive in 2021...perhaps closely followed by some divorce papers!
(I won't quite get away with claiming I made this one myself)

I know it's hard to do and I may end up with doing the opposite but hopefully 2021 will be the year for me to downsize my knife collection. As of now what's in my mind for 2021 (they were supposed to be released in 202 but ...) includes 2 or 3 Spyderco folders and some Hinderer XM-18 3.5" ti hardware/scales.

Usually I don't make plans like that. I prefer to check my local stores' new arrivals and be surprised.

But recently when browsing upcoming section, Kizer Sway Back caught my attention. Nice looking manual button lock flipper with N690 for a decent price. I might still get it this year if my store gets it soon.
Or maybe a new kitchen knife. I"m searching for quite some time and haven't found anything interesting yet. I thought I have common requirements, but surprisingly hard to find something with known, decent steel, no "damascus", polished G10 handle, not some random no name company and that doesn't cost a fortune.

I have a couple 21 sebenzas on layaway that I will receive in 2021. Also on the list for 2 Spartan Plague Dr’s that will get in 2021 when they are ready. If I had to guess it would be another Spartan Harsey Folder of some sort.

Back