First knife of 2021?

I'm waiting to see what dealers start stocking before I make a final decision.
First is a sub 6.5" fixed blade, like LT Wright Frontier first or Patriot, then I want to see what Buck comes out in the 301. Then maybe a 501.
I liked the 501 with the S30v and Micarta, but want to look before I buy another Micarta.

Thanks to this damn virus I did a better job of keeping my spending down in 2020, but if these vaccines get out and I have more work fall in my lap, I plan on enjoying 2021. I had to tell myself “NO” too many times.
I want a 31. I want to try out some OTFs. I want to do more camping and hiking, so I will be buying more fixed blades. One knife per month, as soon as I feel more comfortable tapping into my bank account, that’s the plan.

Probably a Mora Classic Nr 2. Oldschool and cheap!

And i would love to find a old Fällkniven A1 in pure vg10, not the laminated version of now.

Actually, come to think about it, i have never owned a Esse knife, so i think first of `21 will be a model 6.
Seems to be such a great knife!

But, if somebody sits on a pure vg10 A1 and are willing to send it over seas i might reconsider.

The Mora, well, thats a 2020 now..

Either a Fox Livri or a Fox Libar. I like them both , and will probably end up with both eventually.
I don’t know which one I’ll get first or what handle material I’ll settle on. Won’t be until March either.

I have been checking out the Cold Steel Warcraft Tanto on line. Have not seen one yet. If it looks and feels as good in person as I think it will, that may be my next knife purchase.

A few folders on my wishlist for early 2021.

1) Koenig Mini Arius
2) Keanison Stray Pup
3) Holt Haptic
4) Wehr

Would be happy with any of these! The keanison is supposed to be out in January, the koenig sometime in the spring so it might not be my first of 2021. Holt/Wehr I'd have to win a lotto to buy since I'm not paying secondary market prices for them!

I'm usually firmly in the pro USPS camp but this last month has been horrible. I've had packages late between 4 and 14 days. Currently waiting on one from AZ that is 22 days without a second scan in the system.

Anyway, on topic I have no plans on another knife at the moment but I'm sure that will change eventually.

USPS is pretty hit or miss right now. I got an order from African Custom Knives in record time but a box of cookies from a relative in a neighboring state has been in postal limbo for weeks.

Well if it was up to the jolly old elf, I'd likely get a bag full of steaming dog rockets. So I took care of that. I'm currently O.C.D. about getting every color of Ontario's Rat1. They are like opening a bag of potato chips...............

My collection expanded in 2020 with 26 new knives and it will continue to expand with the Native Chief in Rex45, a Military, and Natives in fluted CF and G10 Maxamet or Spy27. This will take care of my needs perfectly. :D

As for my wants, a Stretch in K390, and a couple of handmade traditionals are on my list and I still don't own any Striders or CRKs. Hopefully that will happen when I sell about ten of my older, unused knives (and a microscope that's just using up space). There is also a 15V sprint coming somewhere in the future.. :rolleyes:

Definitely getting a Brafdford Guardian 3 in M390 with the 3D natural Micarta scales. False edge and stonewashed blade.
And an inexpensive whittling tool kit.

After that, I plan to be done for a little while.

Not that I am aware of at this time. (subject to change without notice.)

My last knives of 2020 were/are a Cold Steel Kudu ring lock, and Cold Steel Kudu Lite slip joint, so far as I know. I don't expect to purchase (insufficient funds) or receive another knife in what remains of 2020.

Aaaaand I was able to pick up a Protech Malibu reverse tanto with the stonewash blade today, so scratch buying that one for 2021. It’s probably my last knife purchase of 2020.

Last edited:
I don’t have plans for new knives in 2021. I just have to many branding irons in the fire right now.

My want list has stayed pretty much the same for a few years now. This is a good thing. Tells me that I am not chasing after the latest and greatest.

Instead of new knives my plans include working on finishing knife projects that are ongoing if I am able. New scales, pocket clips, knife scabbards and such.

Of course, if the price is right...

Back