First Run of BK62's to Be Released

Tracking shows that my BK-62 from Tomars is in town now and scheduled for delivery on Monday. That means this two day priority package took 4 days (not counting the initial waiting posting on Wednesday). That is pretty long from my experience, but we are moving into the high volume Christmas shipping period. By the way, Monday was just fine for me. I have been very satisfied with the USPS overall.

Edit Sunday later: Just looked outside on the front porch and they must have delivered the knife late yesterday afternoon or early evening. We were gone all day and didn't get back till mid-evening. Knife is very nice (quick inspection). I'M HAPPY! It is pretty much precisely what I was hoping for.

Last edited:
06F52579-45ED-4679-8E16-BF620950FE32.jpeg Mine came late last night. I found it on the porch this morning. It’s awesome. I think it may be the perfect knife. I mineral oiled the scales. And drilled a drain hole in the welt of the sheath.

THANKS ETHAN!

Last edited:
I think I'm more excited about the release of the upcoming BK62 Companion, I hear it is a little more compact and has about a 3 1/2" length blade. It'll be great for EDC when you don't need the full size with a 5" blade.

Santa hasn't confirmed the release but I did write him about it and he did say he would mention it to Ethan.

A BK-62 Companion would likely be a welcomed knife in the Becker lineup. I have the mini Condor Woodslore that many say the handle is too small, but I actually like it. It got carried more often than many of my fixed blades in the outdoors for general carry in the woods where I didn't expect to really need a knife other than perhaps my SAK.

So, I would probably pickup a Becker design when it comes available. In 2018, I thought I found the two knives that I would rotate between for woods duty, but as always, there is something new coming out that tickles my fancy.

With regards to the BK-62 Kephart, I really like the knife. The only issue I might have is this knife in the sheath is pretty loose and will fall out if you tip the sheath up vertical. Generally speaking I seldom do anything that this issue would cause a problem, but I could catch the knife on something in the woods and have it more easily yanked out of the sheath and loose it. I don't want to loose it. ;) Overall, I am glad that I purchased the 5" BK-62. It will get used unlike many of my fixed blades.

Going to probably put a little finer edge on it and more than likely treat the handle with either mineral oil or linseed seed oil. Linseed seed oil is generally what I use for knives in this general cost area if I want to darken the wood up and perhaps seal it a bit.

Last edited:
A BK-62 Companion would likely be a welcomed knife in the Becker lineup. I have the mini Condor Woodslore that many say the handle is too small, but I actually like it. It got carried more often than many of my fixed blades in the outdoors for general carry in the woods where I didn't expect to really need a knife other than perhaps my SAK.

So, I would probably pickup a Becker design when it comes available. In 2018, I thought I found the two knives that I would rotate between for woods duty, but as always, there is something new coming out that tickles my fancy.

With regards to the BK-62 Kephart, I really like the knife. The only issue I might have is this knife in the sheath is pretty loose and will fall out if you tip the sheath up vertical. Generally speaking I seldom do anything that this issue would cause a problem, but I could catch the knife on something in the woods and have it more easily yanked out of the sheath and loose it. I don't want to loose it. ;) Overall, I am glad that I purchased the 5" BK-62. It will get used unlike many of my fixed blades.

Going to probably put a little finer edge on it and more than likely treat the handle with either mineral oil or linseed seed oil. Linseed seed oil is generally what I use for knives in this general cost area if I want to darken the wood up and perhaps seal it a bit.
Just wondering if you are shoving it in all the way? I'am very satisfied with my sheath it has a great hold on the knife :thumbsup: Maybe I just got lucky o_O I just checked my other one it's also cool :thumbsup: Lucky twice :D

Just wondering if you are shoving it in all the way? I'am very satisfied with my sheath it has a great hold on the knife :thumbsup: Maybe I just got lucky o_O I just checked my other one it's also cool :thumbsup: Lucky twice :D
You are precisely correct!! I didn't push the knife all the way in and it is in fact pretty snug! Thanks for mentioning that. But I would have figured it out on my own. I am just starting to fondle the knife. I really like it!

My woods knife list is growing with the BK-62. The first Becker that really impressed me was the BK-15. I carried it in the woods and it in fact became sort of a reference point for the kind of general woods blade I prefer. I added a couple Doziers and liked them (in particular the Pro Guide). The Condors (Bushlore-two models regular and mini) and Kephart were knives I used as well depending on what I felt like grabbbing. The funny thing is that I never really gravitated to the well loved BK-16 which is a really nice blade as well... Now, my first choices for general woods use will be BK-15, BK-62, White River Backpacker Pro, Bark River Wilderness Explorer, Blackjack 125, and of course the Bushlores. Getting to be a pretty big pile of them.;)

The Condor Kephart never really got used other than occasionally as the edge is thick and I haven't gotten around to thinning it down yet. Unlike the BK-62, the Condor version feels more like a steak knife to me rather than a woods knife.

Edited: I hate when I incorrectly reference a name of a knife. Corrected that.

Last edited:
Been looking and fondling this knife. It really is designed to be an everyday knife in a rural setting. Pretty much all function... Horace would like it. It is long enough to reach the bottom of a peanut butter jar if anyone cares.

Last edited:
Sunday’s I fill a large lodge cast iron frying pan with veggies. It’s about an hour of slicing and dicing. First is broccoli cut the florets off to steam later then dice the trunks then a bag of green peppers two large onions then mushrooms. I did use the bk62 for some of it. A very capable knife but I was glad to go back to my favorite pairing knife.

Back