Fishing 2017

From our best day of the year...not a soul in sight for 3 days!
FyT7ZsW.jpg

ieTyVWt.jpg

52p5rmL.jpg
Man, you're killing me. Been almost 30 years since I fly-fished for anything. I do miss it. But you can't fish for everything in every way possible. lol

I had my best day in a while last Sunday.
I started off with my very first double, but one of the browns weaseled his way off before I could net em. It was still really cool to see 2 fish on the end of my line.
I ended the day with yet another ~20” brown.
pm0eTh13j

It slithered away before I could get a better out of net shot, but trust me the net doesn’t do the fish justice. Once I got him unglued from the bottom he started leaping like a tarpon. Best of all he ate my size 16 micro bugger using my 3wt yet again.
I love these post spawn browns!

Another beauty.
poovI37Bj

I had my best day in a while last Sunday.
I started off with my very first double, but one of the browns weaseled his way off before I could net em. It was still really cool to see 2 fish on the end of my line.
I ended the day with yet another ~20” brown.
pm0eTh13j

It slithered away before I could get a better out of net shot, but trust me the net doesn’t do the fish justice. Once I got him unglued from the bottom he started leaping like a tarpon. Best of all he ate my size 16 micro bugger using my 3wt yet again.
I love these post spawn browns!

Another beauty.
poovI37Bj

You sound like a happy sappy sucker. Good on you.

Any you flyfishers chase carp on the fly? May/ June is my favorite time of year...rivers a waking up for trout and carp are sexing it up in the shallows...

Awesome hauls you got there! I'm going to do some fishing with my family as well this coming end of June. I'm just waiting for my new set of nitto tires and a few fishing equipment to arrive.

Back