FK2

Wow. So, I jumped into the FK2 pool on the last sale, and I did with some reservations...I was lucky to get an HDFK on one of the last more relaxed sales for that pattern, and it is my favorite, absolute favorite knife. I have the possibly good fortune to work from home, so it is on my belt every day. My reservations on the FK2 were based on the idea that it’s really just a baby hdfk, and so why would I need it? The HDFK is already perfect. (I have to admit that the FK2 purchase was also driven by my impatience for the DEK1, and my lack of impulse control as 2019 was coming to a close without my getting my mitts on another CPK.) But now I get it...the FK2 is another effing fantastic knife! I don’t think Nathan, Jo, and crew incl. Lorien could make a bad knife if they tried. And I still want a DEK1. Bad news for my wallet, but good news for my soul. Thanks NC/CDN crew!

Last edited:
Wow. So, I jumped into the FK2 pool on the last sale, and I did with some reservations...I was lucky to get an HDFK on one of the last more relaxed sales for that pattern, and it is my favorite, absolute favorite knife. I have the possibly good fortune to work from home, so it is on my belt every day. My reservations on the FK2 were based on the idea that it’s really just a baby hdfk, and so why would I need it? The HDFK is already perfect. (I have to admit that the FK2 purchase was also driven by my impatience for the DEK1, and my lack of impulse control as 2019 was coming to a close without my getting my mitts on another CPK.) But now I get it...the FK2 is another effing fantastic knife! I don’t think Nathan and crew incl. Lorien could make a bad knife if they tried. And I still want a DEK1. Bad news for my wallet, but good news for my soul. Thanks NC/CDN crew!

I'm looking hard at the HDFK, IT seems like a field knife that would baton well and be a good hard use knife. I also like the EDC2 but I have so many 3.3-3.5" blades I'm not sure I need another that doesn't fold.

Wow. So, I jumped into the FK2 pool on the last sale, and I did with some reservations...I was lucky to get an HDFK on one of the last more relaxed sales for that pattern, and it is my favorite, absolute favorite knife. I have the possibly good fortune to work from home, so it is on my belt every day. My reservations on the FK2 were based on the idea that it’s really just a baby hdfk, and so why would I need it? The HDFK is already perfect. (I have to admit that the FK2 purchase was also driven by my impatience for the DEK1, and my lack of impulse control as 2019 was coming to a close without my getting my mitts on another CPK.) But now I get it...the FK2 is another effing fantastic knife! I don’t think Nathan, Jo, and crew incl. Lorien could make a bad knife if they tried. And I still want a DEK1. Bad news for my wallet, but good news for my soul. Thanks NC/CDN crew!
Both are integral in my collection and serve different purposes. I'd argue the FK2 leans more on the do-everything-everyday knife while the HDFK is a do-everything-when-SHTF knife.

Rather than start a new thread I figured this would be the best place to post...

I woke up this morning to a great surprise, a shipping notice for my swedged out #badidea!! It kind of stole the thunder from my new-to-me HDFK that just came in moments ago with some gorgeous streaky blond AECM scales. Today is a good day! As patiently as I’ve been waiting these past few months, I’m now itching like a mad man to see this masterpiece in person. The pic a few days back of a swedged model in the works had me eager enough, but I thought we were still weeks, if not a couple months, out on these shipping. These next couple days will be like mid-December to a kid.
A big thanks in advance to the CPK team!

As requested...still cold from the postman’s truck...
eXMtcxB_d.jpg

#badidea with a swedge!!

Back