FK2

Tha
No cheat sheet but I can give you a few leads:

Our own Bill duramax duramax (a real mensch) is our denizen hobbyist sheath maker plus Lorien who is also now dabbling with leather sheaths as his side hobby. Then there's Chad @cpirtle who has made leather sheaths for a variety of CPK patterns. These 3 gents are the most prominent ones who are present in here almost on a daily basis. There's also Brian 0f Sagewood Gear who did have a pattern for FK2 with a dangler but there's a longer wait time unless he has them in stock, best to check his website. Then there is Mr. Paul Long who may still have the pattern on his roster. IIRC, there's also Joufuu leather but he may not have developed a dedicated leather sheath pattern for the FK2.

Thank you for the good info. I'll really dive into this thread and the leather thread to get a feel for each makers style and try to see what is still available.

I'm going to post up in the for sale thread too to see if anyone has an extra they want to let go.

Nice feathering.
I believe this knife was thicker stock than you were looking for originally. Would like to know your thoughts now that you’ve got one in hand.
Personally, I love the D3V. Tough, stays sharp and even an idiot, like me, can sharpen it.
That appears to be the “bad idea” version so you’ll have to treat it like a knife instead of a hammer.

Last week I used my "bad idea" hard/thin FK2 to clear a bunch of vines and brush from along a fenceline. I was holding it by the end of the handle and wailing away as if it were a machete, and I was shocked at how effective it was for this task. The FK2 was chopping through vines up to an inch thick in just a couple of whacks. Excellent performance by the FK2, with no perceptible dulling or edge damage.

oSS1ARj.jpg

Last week I used my "bad idea" hard/thin FK2 to clear a bunch of vines and brush from along a fenceline. I was holding it by the end of the handle and wailing away as if it were a machete, and I was shocked at how effective it was for this task. The FK2 was chopping through vines up to an inch thick in just a couple of whacks. Excellent performance by the FK2, with no perceptible dulling or edge damage.
At any time while swinging away, did you utter the words, "There can be only one" in a slightly raspy, nasal voice?

Sorry, couldn't resist 😋

Looked through this thread and could have missed it - does anyone have a pic of the FK2 with no scales? Thank you

i actually love using the FK2 in the kitchen, plenty of belly and a great slicer. Yes, I know there are better kitchen knives but I like to get to know my knives on a higher level and it makes them more comfortable and familiar in the field. Last nights football game, Armadillo Eggs 6D7FA475-07FD-48C2-AF01-780AC3E786A5.jpeg

Back