FK2

Let us know what you find out. It does seem odd that they would just drop CPK from their list.

Makers have done that before when they sold the knife they used for the pattern, but I can't see that happening in this case, unless they borrowed blanks or something, anyways, I will let you know what I find out. I'll probably ship them a FK2 if they don't have one left when my name comes up. Or maybe someone closer will be interested and ship one instead. Unless I'm cancelled.

3ltxZhK.jpg

Weekend knife and maybe into next week too

Hi All,
Does the FK2 have any curve(arc, radius) in the spine towards the tip? Or is it more of a straight-line clip point in use?

I've looked at many pics and can't quite tell if it has enough curve for my tastes in a field knife...I'm more hunting oriented than bushcraft.
For reference...I have a DEK1 & it does have just enough arc at the drop-point, imho..well done design!

Hi All,
Does the FK2 have any curve(arc, radius) in the spine towards the tip? Or is it more of a straight-line clip point in use?

I've looked at many pics and can't quite tell if it has enough curve for my tastes in a field knife...I'm more hunting oriented than bushcraft.
For reference...I have a DEK1 & it does have just enough arc at the drop-point, imho..well done design!

Yes it does. The curvature gets straighter towards the tip but it doesn't become straight. The FK2 blade shape is designed as a large skinning knife based upon my needs in a skinner. It's a big knife. It's larger than I like for deer but the drop point blade shape is correct for use running the blade edge out and controlling the depth of cut by rocking the tip in or out, without nicking the meat. That actually was the design consideration for the tip. I also put the belly of the blade out towards the tip. I like this functionally for a lot of use but I started doing it originally for use as a skinning knife where I prefer the belly directly behind the point.

Is there a "cheat sheet" list of which makers have made FK2 sheaths with photos of each? Looking to get a leather sheath with dangler/drop loop.

No cheat sheet but I can give you a few leads:

Our own Bill @duramax (a real mensch) is our denizen hobbyist sheath maker plus Lorien who is also now dabbling with leather sheaths as his side hobby. Then there's Chad @cpirtle who has made leather sheaths for a variety of CPK patterns. These 3 gents are the most prominent ones who are present in here almost on a daily basis. There's also Brian 0f Sagewood Gear who did have a pattern for FK2 with a dangler but there's a longer wait time unless he has them in stock, best to check his website. Then there is Mr. Paul Long who may still have the pattern on his roster. IIRC, there's also Joufuu leather but he may not have developed a dedicated leather sheath pattern for the FK2.

Back