flashlights

im looking to buy a flashlight for my day pack. id like it to be waterproof, shock proof, be about 5'' long, belt clip, fairly bright(dont really know the numbers of lumens), want it to have a long lasting battery life, use AA's and id like it to be around 50 dollars. is there such a thing??

also i dont understand why anyone would want to spend 150 dollars on a surefire light that has 650 lumens but only last for 1 hour?? why would anyone need a light that bright or for the beam of light to be able to show for that amount of distance.

sorry for my ignorance:eek:

dylan

Then go with the tried and true mini mag lite... just keep the lens polished and it will provide you years of bright service.

Mag-lite? I must respectfully dissent, especially if one is referring to the filament bulb flavor. :) The bulb has a short lifespan, output begins diminishing immediately, and the bulb will break if you drop it. And its not very bright.

An LED flavored Mag-lite solves some of these probs.

I would recommend a 2xAA Quark or similar from 4sevens.com. LED, regulated (non-diminishing output), multiple levels of output, etc.

JMO.

Mag lights with the twist head (to turn off and on and adjust beam) really suck. I've used them and they won't stay on at all.

1. which surefire has 650 lumens and only costs $150?

if it exists, i must have one!

2. fenix has very affordable and high output lights.

1. which surefire has 650 lumens and only costs $150?

if it exists, i must have one!

2. fenix has very affordable and high output lights.

its prob more then 150 i dont remember. i thought i saw a surefire that had 650 lumens tho.

Im not sure how available led lensers are there, but mine is about 4" inches long and illuminates very well (better than the biggest maglites I'd dare to say), uses three AAA batteries and seems to have long life (had them in for long time now).

Quark or Fenix AA or single A, check them out. Wonderful lights with long run times:thumbup:

I would check out Jetbeam. They make some great lights and have a few that take AA's and are about that size. Goinggear.com carries them.

Back