flea market finds

Feuerhand 275 baby lantern, two vintage Gillette English made safety razors, Acme thunderer whistle and a mini bakelite eye glass. :) Not a bad haul for a tiny little flea market, luckily it's a monthly thing and over a few minutes walk away!

Looks like a good day for most any size flea market:thumbup: Older lanterns are hard to find for a fair price at most places around here.

Picked this up this morning. The guy I got it from had boxes of Military bayonets, shovels, and axes. He said it was part of his lifelong collection that he needed to thin out as he was retiring. It's smaller than most I have seen measuring 24" from the top of the head to bottom of the handle.

Found this cool carving fork today. I just had to buy it.

20160617_143532_zpsgruzfrys.jpg

20160617_143431_zpstpi3qgtf.jpg

Good looking fork, Mack!

best

mqqn

Spent a 8 hours or so yesterday walking through the flea market and saw less than half of it. The weather was perfect
and the number, quality, and price of knives overall was impressive. Here's the sharp things I brought home with me....
..... I hate thinking about the ones I didn't:grumpy:

Matching Scrimshaw! Cool
Thanks. There were so many US made Schrades Friday that I had to let several go because we had planned to return Sunday. I should have bought more Friday, I did not see the first one for a reasonable price yesterday. Sunday turned into "fishing day" with almost everything I bought being fishing related and the only knife a vintage Cold Steel Twistmaster.

We jumped at the opportunity to visit my son yesterday and swing by a monthly flea market/ antique swap near him. It wasn't very large but it was full of interesting things. This was my haul: I believe the Mora is from the late 60's or early 70's. It has been used but is in good shape for it's age with the sheath being in great shape. The coffee pot is a 20 cup made in the USA that shows almost no sign of use. The Sharpfinger is unused but lacks the proper sheath. Both compasses are NIB with original paperwork that is lightly yellowed from age. Anyone have any idea of the date on the Silvas?

Nice Score.....I recently posted a similar thread in the General Discussion showing some knives that I scored upon. Others posted some other great knives as well.

I am a yard/sale flea market junkie as well.......There are lots of gems to be had at great prices !!!

If you are a survivalist, collector of anything,or a knife person, you are a yard sale, garage sale, flea market, and junk sale junkie. That's why they call us junkie's. I bet most of you guy'a don't throw things away either, because you know the very minute you get rid of it, that's when you'play need it. Tell me that ain't so. LOL!

Those are all great hauls! It's been a long time now since I have even been able to get to a flea market, yard sale, garage sale, or a junk sale. I sure miss that too. Hey, maybe we should incorporate that into one of our "Gatherings", whatcha think?

My brand new (it still has the cardboard tube in the battery compartment) Rayovac Sportsman flashlight ($3) and 1991 Buck 525 ($4) from yesterday.

ngtvz9.jpg

o8ib2d.jpg

I have one of that rayovac sportsman from way back. I think I paid like fifty cents for it new. Just shows what time does to things.

Picked up a Utica TL-29 today at an estate sale for $3, and some things seem unusual to me.

Both the main blade and screwdriver blade have punch marks in them near the handle.

Utica stamp.

TL-29 stamped into the wood handle.

I`ve never come across one like this, and was wondering if it was something unusual.

That is a beauty. I bet you'll not run into another like that. I mean I can't say never but it is a little out of the ordinary. You know people get older and figure they just don't need these kinds things anymore, and they have to go to someone. A lot of times people die, the people that end up with these things, their not interested, they have to go some place.

Back