Folders (non Busse)

Ok. I see that on the Demko's. Wondered what that extra "bar" was all about. Looks damn sturdy, but think the 10's better aesthetically. But sure their all damn sturdy, and beefy to boot. That Orange 10, and Maroon 10 are calling my Pay Pal account. And already have an incoming Shiro F3. Ai yi yi!!! Thanks all for the information.

Last edited:
Just watched a YT review on the AD15. Had no idea such a fine piece of machinery even existed. Lusting after one now. Tell me, lads. Any other expensive folding knife brands I should be looking at?

Another vote for the XM-18, now that Rick has grown into such a large production facility they are no where near the unicorn to obtain that they once were, they have the best ergonomics of any folder I've ever owned, an absolutely well designed clip, premium materials, lots of scale options, robust enough to stand up to abuse while still being useful. I don't think I'll ever own another folder that isn't an XM, unless of course Jerry brings us an INFI flipper.

sO3mDsB.jpg

Just watched a YT review on the AD15. Had no idea such a fine piece of machinery even existed. Lusting after one now. Tell me, lads. Any other expensive folding knife brands I should be looking at?
David Mosier Folders are an excellent piece of work!!!

Since he's not a knife guy there is no reason to drop a hundred bucks or more on a knife. If he wants a locking blade then an Ontario Rat 1 or 2 will fill the bill. The D2 steel is a lot better than the AUS8 but will rust so needs to be oiled occasionally. If he doesn't need a locking blade then a Victorinox Swiss Army Knife (SAK) of some flavor or a Case stockman model with Tru Sharp stainless blades. Any of the above knives can be had for under $40 and will cut pretty much anything that needs cutting.

Emerson fan here, cqc-7 is my nearly constant companion.

Just splurged on one of their new butterfly style knives and I get a kick out of it.

just picked up the 0562cf since i wanted something in a more modern steel than my other folders. Seems like a sweet knife, but haven't gotten the opportunity to put it to use yet. My first modern ZT. Glad it doesn't feel like a boat anchor in the pocket like the old ones (which was the reason I switched to the Rat Trap).
thURajP.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of my favorite folders and the bulk of folders I own. I have a few other Spyderco's, MT and ProTech auto's, Cold Steel's and a Marfione Sigil that get occasional time but when I do carry a folder it's one of these 99% of the time.

I forgot the PM2 earlier, it's fairly new to the mix. I modified it with Copper Flytanium scales and a copper backspacer that are antiqued.

If I could only keep one it would be the large Curtiss Wharncliffe with quilted scales, followed closely by the medium Curtiss in damasteel and jigged titanium. The large compound ground Curtiss on the bottom is hands down the smoothest knife I have ever owned or felt.

IMG_5182.jpg

IMG_5183.jpg

I can't recommend a folder without at least a desired size range. (Well, I can... but why bother?)
I've begun to prefer smaller, lightweight knives for work... but I have little to no need for a knife in my job; and what I could use a knife for, I should use scissors.
Outside of work is a different story.

I asked, but he didn't elaborate, other than to hold his hands apart (about the length of an AMS) & say "yay big"

He showed me a few pics of "beefier" looking folders, and stated he didn't like spyderco

If he wants something about yay big, that's a ZT 0550. Discontinued...but they pop up on the Exchange

I have the Three Sisters Forge Gorgon. Bigger and much beefier than the Beast. Give it a look.

Only two brands I carry are Spyderco and CRKT. Spydercos cut like lasers. My CRKT is my edc. It’s a full sized pocket knive that has talon guards for hand protection. It’s almost like a mini tglb and I’ve been carrying one for almost a decade!

View attachment 903921
View attachment 903922

What are you operating? The ground right under the window is reallt throwing me.. all the toys I can think of right off either have a track or wheel to view right out that low window...

Nice to see CRKT get a nod too. I have a my tighe tbat I have loved for many years now. Going on 13 I believe.. i think.. lol its been a while...

What are you operating? The ground right under the window is reallt throwing me.. all the toys I can think of right off either have a track or wheel to view right out that low window...

Nice to see CRKT get a nod too. I have a my tighe tbat I have loved for many years now. Going on 13 I believe.. i think.. lol its been a while...

This was an older picture but I believe that was a combine last fall during corn harvest. It might have had the header disconnected in this photo possibly so everything out the front window would be earth and sky!

There's a lot of nice knives out there, even if you don't like Spyderco.

I try not to recommend knives to people because it's such a personal thing in how the knife looks, how it feels in their hand, and how it carries in their pocket.

I try and get them in a real knife store where they can handle twenty or thirty knives and find the one they like and can afford.

Back