Follow along as I hand engrave and set diamonds into Böker Scout Solingen

Absolutely beautiful. I encourage you to stay in the knife market. You have a lot of talent and I can see you having a lot of success. Thanks for sharing your work with us.
Thank you very much. I'm gonna try. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I bought my Lindsay tool in 2015, I tried some stuff on my own but with very little success after which it sat collecting dust. I shouldn't have waited to take a class. It feels good to be doing something that's new, fresh, interesting, and challenging. I hope I can offer something of value to the engraving community in years to come.

You will do well.
My only criticism of your work (and it's purely constructive criticism) would be that You are doing mostly line engraving-and doing it very well. You could try rolling your lozenge or square graver in spots to add depth to your leaves and scrolls. Please don't be offended- you are already a very good engraver.

Thank you very much. I'm gonna try. I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I bought my Lindsay tool in 2015, I tried some stuff on my own but with very little success after which it sat collecting dust. I shouldn't have waited to take a class. It feels good to be doing something that's new, fresh, interesting, and challenging. I hope I can offer something of value to the engraving community in years to come.

Your work looks gorgeous, Sarah!

You will do well.
My only criticism of your work (and it's purely constructive criticism) would be that You are doing mostly line engraving-and doing it very well. You could try rolling your lozenge or square graver in spots to add depth to your leaves and scrolls. Please don't be offended- you are already a very good engraver.
Can you show me an example of what you're describing done well?

Checking in to let you know I'm still here, and still working on this. I have wasted countless hours failing sanity checks in design. I spend 3 hours meticulously crafting a nice looking arrangement and print it, only to discover it's just way too detailed and tiny. I am on my third or fourth iteration.

That's fine, Sarah. Take your time. I'm running into the same problem painting pictures on knife sheaths. It's hard to paint real tiny stuff.

Back