Food and Blades

6H1YsWS.jpg
6H1YsWS.jpg

I've had my share of fried bologna sandwiches....but made the switch to mortadella a while ago and haven't looked back.
On a butter toasted kaiser, nothing else, perfect.
Love both with mustard for me!

Most beautiful butcher knife ever ! Must be a pleasure to use.

Thanks! I call it the Competition Carver as the first couple of guys that ordered one were BBQ competitors. Thats my son's father in law using it there. My daughter in law and I made it for him for Christmas.

I will answer on the blades in the kitchen.
1. most of my great kitchen knives were purchased used from Goodwill. People don't know how to recondition, sharpen or maintain their knives. Or, they get divorced. I have a top of the line, wood cased Gerber knife apparently given at a wedding and then later given to charity. Retail value has to be $150. Or, I used a super, restored Victorinox butcher knife last night to cut a shared Porterhouse steak.
2. Not very much entertaining people at home any more. 6 Forschner 5 inch steak knives made in Portugal. They are partially and almost unnoticeably serrated for an inch and one half. 3 tomato knives. Some victorinox steak knives.
3. For many years, inexpensive Walmart steak knives were serviceable. After deciding to use Grandma's 100 year old silver service on a regular basis, I donated the Walmart steak knives, still serviceable.
4. Oh, I almost forgot. I have two sheathed cleavers. Done in honor of Edward G. Robinson who played a Chinese tong asset in a now politically incorrect movie in the 1930s.

Back