For SpydercoBladeFans !

I guess I'm merely the latest in a long list of admirers to declare how much I enjoyed your superb photographs, but they were so spectacular that I felt I would be remiss if I didn't add my name to the queue. Thank you.

Hotwriter

milspbf.jpg

1024x768

Thanks Simona, the Shabaria is probably my favorite Spyderco. It is also the only one that seriously bit me. Hmmmmm, maybe something Freudian?

kamkazmoto said:
Thanks Simona, the Shabaria is probably my favorite Spyderco. It is also the only one that seriously bit me. Hmmmmm, maybe something Freudian?

Mmm,i dont think like a Freudian... its very mystical knife... mystical blade and grip,like a sandglass.. like a something "Jordan Valley - time is not important here"

But at the end, you can imagine something a la Freudian too ;)

shabaria2bf.jpg

1024x768

it's not the size of the tool, it is what u do with it (so they say) :rolleyes:

btw more then 45000 vieuws????? I think we should give her something when she gets to 50000, right?

I just hope they will make a second volume of the "Spyderco book", maybe Sal could use some pictures of Sia (the knives) in with the new models?

( ) :cool:

loki, yes, i want something: send me virtual kiss, this is best! :)

shabaria3bf.jpg

1024x768

Btw. I have a lot of photos, Shabaria, i will post in separate thread, but why i notice this::: background on the photos is interesting and very mystical place, its very very old and forsaken jewish cemetery, lost in the woods, this place is not accesible by car, you must go almost 2km afoot, simply its hidden place, perhaps 4km from village house, where im now..
Some tomb stones there are more than 300 years old.
I visited this place in cold, but sunny later afternoon, i get idea made here some photos, i take few shots on the wall (btw.these photos are not "photoshoped", its really sun "singing" on the cold steel.. or maybe its shining ghost of Edouard Bradichansky there, who know, who know.. :),, and i would go throught broken wall to inside, i take here next shots and now i saw some old and humble dresses woman who watch me there, so i would go and i say to her "good day", she answer me and she was asking, what im doing here, look strange -with open Shabaria in one hand and with digi camera in second hand.
I explained to her, that im doing photos here,that i am fan to knives and exactly this one is designed by israeli knifemaker, and she told me, your knife looks like a old nomad knife from middle east ..
:eek:

We start talking, when she saw, that im not some alien, who want stole or destroy something there and she gave me huge infos about this place, she knew all history, that this place-cemetery started from 1670, simply i was surprised from where she know it..
Okey, we would go together throught wood, back to way and i offer to her, that i have car here, if she can, i can take her to somewhere, ok, she was living in small village, perhaps 1-2km from place, where i leave car and she invited me to her house for hot tea, i was outside more than half of cold afternoon - and i have had blue nose :)
Holy cow! i never saw in my life so big private bibliotheke, what she have had in her house! Thousands books, no hundreds, but thousands! Writen in czech, hebrew, english, german, french, russian, latin, arabic books...everywhere books!
I was asking, if she collect books or what is it, and she told me,Simona believe or not, i have read carefully all books what you see here, im collecting and reading book more than 60 years (she told me that is 83yrs.old), she was speaking, writing and reading absolute perfectly in 8 languages, its unbelievable! and 2 colleges she have,Sorbona in Paris and Charles university in Prague.
:eek:

She is, without doubt, mostly educated woman, what i met in my life..

Damn, its long post, what i made now, lol..okey, i will not pester with this, only i want say something about background, on the photos ...
Eeeh and sorry for my english, im little frustrated from woman, who speak perfectly with 8 languages, it seem, how big idiot i am ... :rolleyes:

Simona said:
Eeeh and sorry for my english, im little frustrated from woman, who speak perfectly with 8 languages, it seem, how big idiot i am ... :rolleyes:

My thoughts are, one should never apologize for any less than perfect second language. English is my native language, so I speak it well. But, it's the *only* language I speak. I'm certain if I tried to speak your native language, it would be an extremely pitiful attempt.

You're an extremely talented and creative person. :)

Simona said:
Btw. I have a lot of photos, Shabaria, i will post in separate thread, but why i notice this::: background on the photos is interesting and very mystical place, its very very old and forsaken jewish cemetery, lost in the woods,
You are very lucky to have had someone to explain the history of the cemetary to you. The two most mystical places I have ever been to were Hawaii and Bali. You can feel the magic in those places both are strange and beautiful islands that evoked even stranger dreams and feelings. Love them both.

Simona,

Thank you for the great story. What a fascinating person this lady must have been to meet! By the way, you do just fine with your english...do not worry about having perfect grammer. We just appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with us. :)

Best wishes, Jeff/1911.

loki88 said:
btw more then 45000 vieuws????? I think we should give her something when she gets to 50000, right?

Simona loki, yes, i want something: send me virtual kiss, this is best!

I can see the headlines now: 'Czech Lady's Computer Explodes From An Overload Of Virtual Kisses Sent To Her Email From A Group Of Knife Knuts'

one from me would be included. ;)

Great stuff, Simona.

Hi Sia,

Great pics of the Shabaria. Thanx.

The Shabaria was the first of our "location" pieces (The Jordan River Valley). Edouard Bradichansky was going to design "location" models for us on a regualar basis. He was killed before he finished the second model.

Ed Schempp has picked up the project. His "Persian" was the second in our "location" pieces.

great story about the old lady, thanx much.

Your english is perfect for you.

And your photos speak more than a hundred languages. :)

thanx for your support.

sal

Back