Photos For the love of Lockbacks! (Traditionals only)

2e66csx.jpg

This burlap micarta Buck 501 showed up here today. The initial inspection tells me, it's an ideal size for edc needs; 3 3/4 handle and 2 3/4 drop point blade, razor sharp and nicely ground. SK Blades had Buck make them in CPM 154 blade steel, an absolute favorite of mine being stainless and easily sharpened, yet good at holding an edge. It functions smoothly and flawlessly, is easily pinchable and unlockable. Centered blade, flush spring in both open and closed position. All these reasons plus the comfortable ergos, excellent fit and finish as well as being attractive make this slim knife seem destine to become an all round favorite daily carry. Thank you Stephen (@skblades) and Buck for being good at what you do :thumbsup::thumbsup:, I am thrilled with this excellent knife and expect I will be for some time to come. :D
ovcBPzD.jpg

Last edited:
This burlap micarta Buck 501 showed up here today. The initial inspection tells me, it's an ideal size for edc needs; 3 3/4 handle and 2 3/4 drop point blade, razor sharp and nicely ground. SK Blades had Buck make them in CPM 154 blade steel, an absolute favorite of mine being stainless and easily sharpened, yet good at holding an edge. It functions smoothly and flawlessly, is easily pinchable and unlockable. Centered blade, flush spring in both open and closed position. All these reasons plus the comfortable ergos, excellent fit and finish as well as being attractive make this slim knife seem destine to become an all round favorite daily carry. Thank you Stephen (@skblades) and Buck for being good at what you do :thumbsup::thumbsup:, I am thrilled with this excellent knife and expect I will be for some time to come. :D
ovcBPzD.jpg
What a nice knife. I agree with pretty much everything that you said.

What a nice knife. I agree with pretty much everything that you said.
Thank you. I've been a fan of Buck folders especially the 500 series for some time, I think the micarta barehead takes the 501 to a whole new level.

I actually wished it came with both bolsters. I am not fond on the barehead look. I love everything else about it.

Back