Photos For the love of Lockbacks! (Traditionals only)

Gerber (3 1/2" Closed) Sportsman. Bought and carried back around 1980 when in the Navy and pocket carried when a knife worn on the belt wasn't appropriate.

bT5MRCU.jpg

4eFlKcn.jpg

Thanks for posting those Guillaume's. They're good looking knives. Always nice to see knives produced by a BF inmate :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am a big fan of lockbacks. Here are a few of mine, all in stainless.

GECs in 440C (99s in chestnut, bone, and elk and a 42 in micarta):

gec_lockbacks.JPG

Fontenille-Patauds in 14C28N (buffalo horn, maple burl, and phosphorescent resin):

fp_lockbacks.JPG

Moki in VG10 (bone):

moki_lockback.JPG

And my favorite, a Camillus/Santa Fe Stoneworks in mother-of-pearl, lapis, silver and nickel silver. I am not sure of the steel in this one, but it is definitely stainless. My father bought this for me when traveling through Santa Fe in the early '90s. I carried it for decades, until I realized Dad wasn't getting any younger and I should keep it safe and sound. The search for a replacement is actually what led me here.

santafe_lockback.JPG

Last edited:
I am a big fan of lockbacks. Here are a few of mine, all in stainless.

GECs in 440C (99s in chestnut, bone, and elk and a 42 in micarta):

View attachment 1341528

Fontenille-Patauds in 14C28N (buffalo horn, maple burl, and phosphorescent resin):

View attachment 1341530

Moki in VG10 (bone):

View attachment 1341531

And my favorite, a Camillus/Santa Fe Stoneworks in mother-of-pearl, lapis, silver and nickel silver. I am not sure of the steel in this one, but it is definitely stainless. My father bought this for me when traveling through Santa Fe in the early '90s. I carried it for decades, until I realized Dad wasn't getting any younger and I should keep it safe and sound. The search for a replacement is actually what led me here.

View attachment 1341534

Very nice collection collection mate
that fontenille in Buffalo is sweet:thumbsup::thumbsup:
mitch

Back