Photos For the love of Lockbacks! (Traditionals only)

Only three brats made it inside, the rest met their end at the grill.

cVGXlGU.jpg
Those blue covers and red shield are a hard to beat combination imo:thumbsup:.
Also this reminds me that I have forgotten to add my latest lockback to this thread!
yXpZLJU.jpg

Got me a new mini copperlock courtesy of my nephew :cool::thumbsup:

This one has screws securing the covers but I still feel like it is pretty traditional. I almost didn't buy it because of the screws but I contacted the original owner who said it was the best custom knife he's ever owned and that if I ever planned to sell it to contact him first.

When I got it I was immediately blown away by the quality. It won't be leaving my collection any time soon...IMG_20200530_121825_resize_6.jpg

Bailey Bradshaw

Couple of AGR’s I forgot I ordered showed up the other day. I couldn’t decide between the two so I ordered both. The blades are a touch thicker than I would like, but the handles! oh boy, they are perfectly shaped for tip control!
Also, the character in the smooth bone is straight up my alley, and the thicker handled stag is a great all-rounder. Really glad I ordered them. Haha. Thanks to a post here and a PM, but I can remember who from. :/
ETA again: Just looked it up! @JOELSM thanks for answering my questions and pointing me in the right direction!
035DDA77-E4FA-4DAE-AFDD-B7900F2E87EE.jpeg A7C69FE7-CF14-486A-8CA5-408D41D15226.jpeg

ETA: Lots of blank canvas on theses two for some engraving?

Last edited:
Couldn’t agree more, I just sold the same knife with stag covers to a fellow BF member. He too is very happy with the purchase.
Congrats on the sale. Here is another Bradshaw I own. View attachment 1350145View attachment 1350146 View attachment 1350147

His folding bowies are my favorite that's a beautiful knife. His knives are hard to come by! I have maker alerts set up and I'm hoping to get another piece by him. I wish he still made knives but based on what I've read it's like he grew bored of cutting tools all together and doesn't do anything with them anymore. Shame but good for him for following his passion... His rifles are insane.

I am a big fan of lockbacks. Here are a few of mine, all in stainless.

GECs in 440C (99s in chestnut, bone, and elk and a 42 in micarta):

View attachment 1341528

Fontenille-Patauds in 14C28N (buffalo horn, maple burl, and phosphorescent resin):

View attachment 1341530

Moki in VG10 (bone):

View attachment 1341531

And my favorite, a Camillus/Santa Fe Stoneworks in mother-of-pearl, lapis, silver and nickel silver. I am not sure of the steel in this one, but it is definitely stainless. My father bought this for me when traveling through Santa Fe in the early '90s. I carried it for decades, until I realized Dad wasn't getting any younger and I should keep it safe and sound. The search for a replacement is actually what led me here.

View attachment 1341534
I like GEC knives but also strongly prefer stainless (440-C, I guess, from GEC). Only a minority of their knives have the stainless blades. In, fact, it's so few I have trouble finding them. Can you suggest any easy way to: 1. Find out which patterns have been made in stainless and, 2. Be notified when new ones are released? I know that the stainless are only stamped GEC but that does not seem to help find them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

I like GEC knives but also strongly prefer stainless (440-C, I guess, from GEC). Only a minority of their knives have the stainless blades. In, fact, it's so few I have trouble finding them. Can you suggest any easy way to: 1. Find out which patterns have been made in stainless and, 2. Be notified when new ones are released? I know that the stainless are only stamped GEC but that does not seem to help find them. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
The only ways to find the older stainless models of GEC are to watch The Exchange here on BF, surf on The Bay, or contact posters to see if they are willing to sell the ones they post. Be prepared to pay a premium price on the secondary markets. As far as keeping track of upcoming releases, just watch the GEC website, particularly the "production schedule" and the "what's happening" page. Good luck.

A pretty good reference is @waverave's database. I think the most recent link is here, post 122: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-gec-production-database-thread.1613490/page-7 Focus on the ones listed as G.E.C.

There is also a thread listing the stainless models, but I am having trouble locating it at the moment. If I find it, I will come back and add a link.

The only ways to find the older stainless models of GEC are to watch The Exchange here on BF, surf on The Bay, or contact posters to see if they are willing to sell the ones they post. Be prepared to pay a premium price on the secondary markets. As far as keeping track of upcoming releases, just watch the GEC website, particularly the "production schedule" and the "what's happening" page. Good luck.

As JohnDF JohnDF said, they do pop up on the exchange fairly frequently, but you need to keep your eyes open and move quickly! In my experience, the ones on the auction site tend to go for exorbitant sums. As far as I know, the 99 Wall Streets, from 2018, were the last to be released in 440C and there is some skepticism that GEC will do future stainless runs. I do know a place in Europe that still has elk and chestnut 99s in stock, but it may cost you quite a bit with currency exchange and shipping.

For what it's worth, I have only been searching out the 440C models for a few months and have found five already (all three 99s, a 42 and a 15).

ETA: Lots of blank canvas on theses two for some engraving?

I wouldn't. Engraving is not necessarily a plus, it not always adds visual appeal. Your AGR's are of stellar appearance; emphasizing the art of understatement.

Long story short - they are perfect the way they are.

Back