Photos For the love of Lockbacks! (Traditionals only)

I am a big fan of lockbacks. Here are a few of mine, all in stainless.

GECs in 440C (99s in chestnut, bone, and elk and a 42 in micarta):

View attachment 1341528

Fontenille-Patauds in 14C28N (buffalo horn, maple burl, and phosphorescent resin):

View attachment 1341530

Moki in VG10 (bone):

View attachment 1341531

And my favorite, a Camillus/Santa Fe Stoneworks in mother-of-pearl, lapis, silver and nickel silver. I am not sure of the steel in this one, but it is definitely stainless. My father bought this for me when traveling through Santa Fe in the early '90s. I carried it for decades, until I realized Dad wasn't getting any younger and I should keep it safe and sound. The search for a replacement is actually what led me here.

View attachment 1341534

Extraordinary collection of lockbacks, Aaron.:):thumbsup::thumbsup:

gG2HYUB.jpg

Magnificent :eek::thumbsup: Thanks for the look ! Hope to see it more ;)
Thanks, my 3-1/2 year old granddaughter liked it too. Whenever I see her the first thing she says is, “Hi Papa, do you have a sharp knife?”, followed immediately by “Can I see it?” Of course, I always have a sharp knife in my pocket. My daughter-in-law just rolls her eyes. :cool:

Thanks, my 3-1/2 year old granddaughter liked it too. Whenever I see her the first thing she says is, “Hi Papa, do you have a sharp knife?”, followed immediately by “Can I see it?” Of course, I always have a sharp knife in my pocket. My daughter-in-law just rolls her eyes. :cool:
So cute!! lol

Grohmann R340S
ib3IVFs.jpg

kKvP9cp.jpg
These Grohmanns do not get enough love. Great feel in the hand. Nice weight and a solid lock-up. Made in Canada. And for my friends to the near south likely a bargain with the current exchange rates. Only two handle choices (stag or rosewood). I wish they would expand the handle options. Even some micarta would be nice.

,,,Mike in Canada

These Grohmanns do not get enough love. Great feel in the hand. Nice weight and a solid lock-up. Made in Canada. And for my friends to the near south likely a bargain with the current exchange rates. Only two handle choices (stag or rosewood). I wish they would expand the handle options. Even some micarta would be nice.

,,,Mike in Canada

Couldn’t have said it better myself, Mike. Excellent post. The Grohmanns are amazing knives. :)

Back