Photos For the love of Lockbacks! (Traditionals only)

Farm & Field Tool #99 Farmer Lock
49910031942_bdaf8cc666_c.jpg[IMG]

The King of lockbacks and his mutant spawn. Those of you who know some knife history may recall the story of Rigid Knives...back in the early 70s, Buck employees Bill Duff, Don Collum, and Dean Parks had a sideline business producing custom knives out of a garage...the Buck family found out and told the guys, cease and desist or hit the road. They hit the bricks...running...and founded Rigid Knives. Most folks see the family resemblance ... a Buck on steroids. upload_2020-6-3_21-3-8.jpeg

A pretty good reference is @waverave's database. I think the most recent link is here, post 122: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-gec-production-database-thread.1613490/page-7 Focus on the ones listed as G.E.C.

There is also a thread listing the stainless models, but I am having trouble locating it at the moment. If I find it, I will come back and add a link.

As @JohnDF said, they do pop up on the exchange fairly frequently, but you need to keep your eyes open and move quickly! In my experience, the ones on the auction site tend to go for exorbitant sums. As far as I know, the 99 Wall Streets, from 2018, were the last to be released in 440C and there is some skepticism that GEC will do future stainless runs. I do know a place in Europe that still has elk and chestnut 99s in stock, but it may cost you quite a bit with currency exchange and shipping.

For what it's worth, I have only been searching out the 440C models for a few months and have found five already (all three 99s, a 42 and a 15).
Thanks for the info. I have three GEC stainless and, as much as I like their knives, there are too many other knives I’d like have to go chasing after GECs or to pay inflated prices. If GEC isn’t interested in those of us who prefer stainless, so be it.

Back