For the love of the Potbelly....

Yea i had to swap the scales on mine to wood. And change the sheath, but now its an awesome knife and feels great in my hands.

Don't have a potbelly, but it's the same thickness and steel as the BK2, made by the same company to the same quality. Kinda hard to go wrong there.

It's a good one. I used mine to slice spruce bows off a tree like a laser. Unfortunately, mine was lent out, never to be returned.

Yea i had to swap the scales on mine to wood. And change the sheath, but now its an awesome knife and feels great in my hands.

I have half an Elk rack that I found, which was thinking about slicing up for the P.B., but the knife is gone now, along with my Magnum Camp. Same guy.

102_0223.JPG

Sure, its the Becker Brute. Its a discontinued model, but can sometimes be found on the exchange or on auction type websites.

Can anyone tell me the model of the blade in the center? Very nice collection

Thanks worldwood, ill be looking out for one

Yep, it's a cool Blade.......... if you can find one. BK-1 Brute.

Here is a thread on mine that I'm working on.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1132313-My-BK-1-Bute-Modification-UPDATED

And here is a thread by The Warrior, and I believe he is the proud new owner of the brute in that picture.
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1143533-The-Brute-Has-Landed

I got tired of the Brute and sent it to a guy in Illinois I believe. There might be a trade in the future when things change for him, if not, no big deal. If I gave away half my knives I'd still have more than I could use in one lifetime. I have ALWAYS been of two views. One is that I'd just like to have 3-4 knives and be done with it. The other side is blade lust. Different sides win at different times. The Brute has a few endearing qualities but not enough to justify the seeming aura or mystique surrounding it, IMHO. It is a very heavy blade............ Between the two I'd go Pot Belly in a heart beat. Great size, reasonable weight, and slices like a razor.

Oh man , I just snapped the tip off my Potbelly , : (( Me and my kids were roasting marshmallows over the coals in our wood heater , Id grabbed my Potbelly as it was the closest capable tool to slice of some skewers from a hardwood log , I guess I forgot I was cradling the blade in my lap still and stood up , Potbelly clattered to the tiles , the tip just vanished somewhere. ARGGHHH How could I have been so STUUPID. Cant imagine it being covered by warrant either. esp here in OZ. Look after the Potbellys tip guys.

Here are a few pictures of the new flat ground version. I just got it in the mail today.
JABPotbellyinSheath_zpsf6184ad5.jpg

JABPotbelly_zps97edbefb.jpg

Back