For the love of the Potbelly....

Discussion in 'KA-BAR Knives' started by cramsey3006, Feb 14, 2013.

1. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Yea i had to swap the scales on mine to wood. And change the sheath, but now its an awesome knife and feels great in my hands.

2. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    It's a good one. I used mine to slice spruce bows off a tree like a laser. Unfortunately, mine was lent out, never to be returned.

3. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    I have half an Elk rack that I found, which was thinking about slicing up for the P.B., but the knife is gone now, along with my Magnum Camp. Same guy.

4. Switchblade61

Switchblade61

Nov 11, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    [​IMG]

6. Ausseknifeknut

Ausseknifeknut Banned BANNED

Oct 26, 2013
    This is why you never loan knives to anybody

7. nemesis

nemesis Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Can anyone tell me the model of the blade in the center? Very nice collection

8. worldwood

worldwood

Sep 30, 2012
    Sure, its the Becker Brute. Its a discontinued model, but can sometimes be found on the exchange or on auction type websites.

9. nemesis

nemesis Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Thanks worldwood, ill be looking out for one

10. Dexwithers

Dexwithers

Mar 27, 2012
    Yep, it's a cool Blade.......... if you can find one. BK-1 Brute.

Here is a thread on mine that I'm working on.
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1132313-My-BK-1-Bute-Modification-UPDATED

And here is a thread by The Warrior, and I believe he is the proud new owner of the brute in that picture.
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1143533-The-Brute-Has-Landed

11. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    I got tired of the Brute and sent it to a guy in Illinois I believe. There might be a trade in the future when things change for him, if not, no big deal. If I gave away half my knives I'd still have more than I could use in one lifetime. I have ALWAYS been of two views. One is that I'd just like to have 3-4 knives and be done with it. The other side is blade lust. Different sides win at different times. The Brute has a few endearing qualities but not enough to justify the seeming aura or mystique surrounding it, IMHO. It is a very heavy blade............ Between the two I'd go Pot Belly in a heart beat. Great size, reasonable weight, and slices like a razor.

12. bigbadboom

bigbadboom

Jan 4, 2007
    Oh man , I just snapped the tip off my Potbelly , : (( Me and my kids were roasting marshmallows over the coals in our wood heater , Id grabbed my Potbelly as it was the closest capable tool to slice of some skewers from a hardwood log , I guess I forgot I was cradling the blade in my lap still and stood up , Potbelly clattered to the tiles , the tip just vanished somewhere. ARGGHHH How could I have been so STUUPID. Cant imagine it being covered by warrant either. esp here in OZ. Look after the Potbellys tip guys.

13. Kels73

Kels73 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Here are a few pictures of the new flat ground version. I just got it in the mail today.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]