Photos Forsaken Gemini! Where Dat????

Mine is somehow Lost in the mail. It’s only 2 days late but the post office can’t seem to explain how it vanished from the distribution center Sunday night. I’m sure it will all work out. I hope.

Need to wait 7 days from actual shipping day to start a claim.

FYI , if you haven’t already you should contact the shop. They can also call in and check on shipment.
Hopefully it just shows up :)

I ordered the most common of all handles ... black canvas... comp finish, had 1 of first orders in, paid still no shippy :oops::oops::(

just checked in with UPS My Choice dashboard>>> my CF FTG with maroon covers just touched down safe & sound in my hometown early this AM...:thumbsup::D

so, there'll be at least one more set of pics of the model in this thread after work this evening, Lord willing and the creeks don't rise :confused: --which is a distinct possibility in mid. TN today:(... but with the nuked v14 dings looming it's 50/50 whether mine will go on my hip or go back into the trough by this weekend. ;)

just checked in with UPS My Choice dashboard>>> my CF FTG with maroon covers just touched down safe & sound in my hometown early this AM...:thumbsup::D

so, there'll be at least one more set of pics of the model in this thread after work this evening, Lord willing and the creeks don't rise :confused: --which is a distinct possibility in mid. TN today:(... but with the nuked v14 dings looming it's 50/50 whether mine will go on my hip or go back into the trough by this weekend. ;)

Trough, trough, trough, trough...!

;) :D

Here's one, uploading bunches more as I type...btw, weights TGLB = ca. 1lb 2oz .... FG = ca. 1lb 5 oz
vRjmZNN.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for dropping it in the trough, Petey 2.1.

No problem...it's a fine knife and surely destined for Busse classic status <aren't they all?;)>...

Close your eyes and there's no discernable difference in hand between the FG & TGLB besides the rollover perimeter on the TGLB.

Hence that's the main reason why this one got tossed back in-- it's redundant with my TGLB. Not that that's a bad thing, but I know there's a Nuked FMV14 ding in my future and I'm afraid to ask for whom the ding tolls, it tolls for me! :eek::eek::eek: And when the bossman calls, you gotta pick up the phone!

Last edited:
It's a heckuva beauty mark, I'll give it that much. Not sure what you're asking, though. Are you asking advice as to whether you should send it back? Whether it will reduce its value?
If it is going to be a user, I wouldn't worry about it.

It's a heckuva beauty mark, I'll give it that much. Not sure what you're asking, though. Are you asking advice as to whether you should send it back? Whether it will reduce its value?
If it is going to be a user, I wouldn't worry about it.
Sorry for not being more specific. I know it isn’t a functional issue. Just trying to get a feel for how common these heavier marks are. Do others have them that heavy and I’ve just gotten lucky to this point? Or is it like the heaviest comp mark anyone has seen? I really like the “scratched lines” look that I associate with comp finish. This is just something else altogether and totally cuts across the grain of those normal lines.

That's a mark! .... Here's what I see - This is the "Roswell" Edition. That is the meteor strike from an Infi comet- you can see the impact trail where it looks like a little bead of Infi meteor came to rest- Best I got for you bud :thumbsup:

Was wondering what you guys think of the (relatively) deep gouge beneath the logo? It’s definitely the heaviest I’ve seen on a comp finish blade. Easily catches my nail.

Interesting...

Have you looked at it under magnification...specifically the margins, that is, can you see by superimposition which came first, the gouge or the CF grind lines?

I highly doubt it'll affect performance, maybe it'll catch a bit more crud than normal...

It's Busse Competition Finish, there a few norms you kinda expect with the finish. You definitely have a unique outlier.

If it bothered me, the second I felt that resentment that I won the ugly FG lottery and with the anger freshly rising inside of me, I'd take her out behind the woodshed and beat her within a inch of her life.......her life....errr...her lifetime guarantee.;)

But seriously, if you're not happy with her PM me, I want a user. No kidding! :)

The closest thing I've had to that is the chatter marks on stripped blades, normally hidden by the coatings. But nothing on the ....couple.... of non-coated blades I have gotten, new. I've got quite a few that I bought second hand that came from Wauseon without coating; haven't seen anything like that on any of them.

I like Petey's idea of seeing whether you can tell which came first. Just out of curiosity.

Here's one, uploading bunches more as I type...btw, weights TGLB = ca. 1lb 2oz .... FG = ca. 1lb 5 oz
vRjmZNN.jpg

Oddly enough, I weighed my FG, and it was exactly the same weight! Oh, wait.... that IS my FG (now). :D
But seriously, I didn't post just to make a joke. I figured someone might be interested in the FG vs. TGA2 weights.
Weighed the FG this morning, and it did indeed weigh 1 lb. 5 oz. The TGA2 weighed 1 lb. 7 oz. (and some odd fraction). Both were micarta scales (both maroon, even).
So, even with, what, about a half-inch extra blade length, it is lighter with the MASSIVE fuller, and the CBT. The FG is a SWEET blade! Thanks again Petey.

I'm really surprised the A2 wasn't heavier but I do have bruiser G10 and I think those are heavier anyway. So the feeling must come from the balance point because obviously that's going to be different.
I'm really kicking myself in the ass for not getting CF, jeezus that was stupid :confused::oops:

Back