Forum Knife Updates and comments

I, too, applaud his intransigence when it comes to the form of the knife. But a better steel does not change the form of the knife in any way (Even our own forum guidelines recognize this fact). It only makes for a better cutting tool.
Totally agree but please note in my post "to me anyways";););)

I've been carrying one of the two I got, almost had a coworker snatch it from me he liked it so much. I'm pretty happy with them, one is lighter and smooth while the other is darker with a touch of knobby. While they both needed to be flushed out to get better action, they came better than a lot of other traditionals I've handle that had almost no snap. Hope to one day to pass them down, though after some thorough use first.

Finally!! These showed up yesterday:thumbsup: Nicely matched covers, overall fir and finish great, except one Sheepsfoot blade stands tall. I'll have Buck take care of that and decide which one will be my user. Thanks to Stephen at SKBlades, Buck and the fine folk on this forum for a job well done. Preston
DSC_0172.JPG

DSC_0173.JPG

DSC_0175.JPG

At least the antler didn't break!
That’s true and it’s a hard floor with some stupid raised lines. It’s claimed a piece of Elmax too. You can kinda see where it hit on the back not a mark on the elk. Can’t get it to focus on the blade but anyways Elk 1 - Elmax 0. Need to stop pulling my knives out when I’m near that floor sooner or later they hit it.
F1F4D4C2-87C4-4D9C-8407-72FE7F1E2256.jpeg
627BC6D5-9070-411E-BAEB-5B1EE42E0358.jpeg

That’s true and it’s a hard floor with some stupid raised lines. It’s claimed a piece of Elmax too. You can kinda see where it hit on the back not a mark on the elk. Can’t get it to focus on the blade but anyways Elk 1 - Elmax 0. Need to stop pulling my knives out when I’m near that floor sooner or later they hit it.
View attachment 1040915
View attachment 1040914
My forte is dropping new cellphones as soon as I get them! :confused::)

Received about a week ago but didn't take pics till today. Overall am pleased. Thanks @skblades for doing all this work for free for the forum. Pros: slanted bolsters, BOS heat treated stainless, blade styles, nicely halfted elk, domed pins, no blade rub, bladeforums stamp, great price! Cons: blade thickness at the edge, not up to GEC level of fit and finish, rounded ends on nail nicks, heavier / larger than I prefer to carry.

bladeforums-1.jpg

bladeforums-2.jpg

bladeforums-3.jpg

Size comparison, L to R, GEC 33, GEC 14, GEC 15, Bladeforum knife.

bladeforums-4.jpg

Chief Chief Very fair review John, that backspacing does look a bit gappy...

Last postal delivery Friday, so it looks almost certain mine won't arrive for Christmas, looks rather like another week's wait. Tracking shows no updates since 18th- still moving within the USPS system...but my experience of tracking tells me it could all be nonsense. Once got a knife delivered and in my pocket and tracking said it had been returned to the USA :D:Do_O

Chief Chief Very fair review John, that backspacing does look a bit gappy...

Last postal delivery Friday, so it looks almost certain mine won't arrive for Christmas, looks rather like another week's wait. Tracking shows no updates since 18th- still moving within the USPS system...but my experience of tracking tells me it could all be nonsense. Once got a knife delivered and in my pocket and tracking said it had been returned to the USA :D:Do_O
Good luck! Mine is out for delivery!

Will Power Will Power the gaps looks worse in my photo than they are in real life. 100 Macro lens on a full frame DSLR is like looking through a magnifying glass. Stropped a little and it's pretty wicked sharp, should thin the edge to give it a fighting chance. Another thought, a single backspring design would lighten it, should make it cheaper to produce with fewer opportunities for gaps but possibly more prone to dreaded blade rub. Don't remember if the number of springs was an option. Looking forward to your opinion, hopefully this year! ;)

Got mine tonight. Intial impression is I like it! Nice matched elk covers. Decent walk and talk. I'd say a 4.5 on the clip and a 5 on the sheepsfoot. No gaps in the springs, all tight. First time with CPM154 so I'm excited to try it out. Blades came nice and sharp. This is a big knife (I like big) but its light in the pocket. So far so good! I will post a picture tomorrow...

Last edited:
Got mine on Monday and have been too busy to take any real pics yet.
I am very pleased with mine. All blades have snap right out of the box and after cleaning and use I suspect they will be just right. All blades sharp with no wobble or rubs. The scales are very different from one to the other but match extremely well on each, and I got both some knobbly and some smooth slabs. Turns out I like them both so I feel very, very fortunate in the stag lottery department.
All in all a home run from start to finish if you ask me.
Great job, and a big thank you to everyone who made this happen again this year!

Got mine on Monday and have been too busy to take any real pics yet.
I am very pleased with mine. All blades have snap right out of the box and after cleaning and use I suspect they will be just right. All blades sharp with no wobble or rubs. The scales are very different from one to the other but match extremely well on each, and I got both some knobbly and some smooth slabs. Turns out I like them both so I feel very, very fortunate in the stag lottery department.
All in all a home run from start to finish if you ask me.
Great job, and a big thank you to everyone who made this happen again this year!

Wow, I love that top knife.

Received mine today, just in time for Christmas! The elk scales are just what I was hoping for. Not too knobby and not too smooth; somewhere right in between. Blades open with a nice snap and close with no rubbing on each other or the scales. Couldn't be happier!

Thanks @skblades and others who put in all the effort to make this happen! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

9lg7Rpk.jpg

s1Xy05m.jpg

Back