Forum Knife Updates and comments

I am looking forward to this knife more so than any release yet this year. There are so many factors that have contributed to my exceedingly high expectations; it is the 2018 BF knife, it is in a high quality stainless (Buck's CPM-154 is excellent), elk covers, FFG and most of all, Buck's/ @skblades absolute commitment to making this happen.

I hate to admit it but I had never even owned a Buck knife before this project began. As this knife was shaping up, I started exploring. I immediately bought a current 301 to see how I liked the pattern and build quality. Check. Then I bought a Smoke Jumper to see how the CPM-154 would perform. Double check! Throw in the fact that these are being run through the custom shop should make them even more impressive.

I sincerely hope this knife gives Buck a shot in the arm in terms of its traditional slip joint lineup. Really show off what they are capable of producing. I would certainly welcome the addition of the 301 as a standard custom shop offering or possibly some dealer SFO's down the road.

Yes, I agree, it is going to be very hard to curb our enthusiasm ;)
G2
aah... there is always enthusiasm with forum knives. The forum essentially expects Buck's best effort on this one. It will be really interesting and informative how they turn out.

When they finally are finished, I'll probably get my "one" and wish I had ordered two like a lot of you folks. The fact of the matter is I simply don't need two. But that won't stop me from wanting... I seldom even participate in the GAWs anymore as I have enough knives as it is.

It's looking like October is going to be a good month. Thanks a ton for the WIP pics!

Hopefully be in hand for pumpkin carving time! Last two years forum knives are some of my very favourite users and I anticipate this years to not disappoint.
Buck has always been a quality knife company and it is super exciting to have them making a good old fashioned slipjoint for us up in Idaho!

I sincerely hope this knife gives Buck a shot in the arm in terms of its traditional slip joint lineup. Really show off what they are capable of producing. I would certainly welcome the addition of the 301 as a standard custom shop offering or possibly some dealer SFO's down the road.
I really hope so. I'm a huge Buck fan and would love to see them offer more patterns and a wider selection of cover options in the future.
I regret not getting in on this forum knife but I'm happy it was so successful. If this helps spark something that gets Buck more involved in the traditional market then we'd all be winners here for sure.

Ahhhh looks sweet can’t wait! Totally forgot I’d ordered one until I saw this thread. Excited to get it.

Back