Freedom Wins in New York - DA Vance & Cuomo Finally Capitulate!!

Critter

Platinum Member
[Post in General approved by Spark]

After 9 years of effort, 8 years of costly Federal litigation, 3 bills passed overwhelmingly and the terrifying threat of losing big time at the U.S. Supreme Court, New York Governor Cuomo signed A5944, repealing the state's bans on Gravity Knives (while leaving the definition intact). By repealing these bans and making gravity knives legal, New York City and District Attorney Cyrus Vance, Jr., can no longer abuse the definition of a gravity knife and continue to unconstitutionally arrest and prosecute persons by claiming that a common lockblade folding knife or utility knife is an illegal gravity knife. The repeal is effective immediately.

Full details and comments to follow, but....WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s a big win! I’m thinking there are going to be quite a few happy New Yorkers on this forum now that this nonsense has been repealed.

YUUUGE win!

Well done Mr. Ritter
This was most definitely not an easy battle to win. So please know that your efforts are appreciated!

Congratulations. I'm glad to see a win for knife rights. That being said, I wish they didn't cave and had their laws struck down by SCOTUS for the rest of the U.S.

That is good news; I still have no desire to step foot in New York any time soon.

Congratulations! That's one that's been a long time coming!

Congrats, and thank you. Keep fighting the good fight, sir! :thumbsup:

Back