Freedom Wins in New York - DA Vance & Cuomo Finally Capitulate!!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Critter, May 30, 2019.

1. Rival1314

Rival1314 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 17, 2012
    very glad to hear this....great work Knife Rights!!!!

2. Hackenslash

Hackenslash Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Awesome news, thanks for all your hard work for Knife Rights!

3. craniotes

craniotes Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2013
    As a New Yorker who is directly impacted by this ruling, all I can say is thank you, Knife Rights, for staying the course and helping to bring about positive change!

Regards,
    Adam

4. Blue Sky

Blue Sky Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2002
    Wow. Never in a million would I have expected this. A hearty congratulations and thanks!

5. Critter

Critter Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Triton likes this.
  6. The Mastiff

The Mastiff

Apr 21, 2006
    Critter 's victory lap. :)

Now how about getting some civil rights violation lawsuits funded and filed. Hundreds, thousands of them against Vance and the rest.

7. charlesbjr

charlesbjr

Mar 8, 2006
    Thank you again Mr. Ritter and Knife Rights! I still can’t believe it. I feel like we hit the lotto!

8. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    You (Doug) mentioned "costly". These kinds of fights are way beyond anything a normal person can do. Would you be willing to post a general litigation cost in round numbers for this effort? I think when people understand just how expensive it is, it may nudge many to join Knife Rights and contribute.

9. Critter

Critter Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Well, this litigation isn't completed, and there are reasons not to discuss specifics at this time, but ... Cash outlay is well into upper 6 figures. Hell, just one minor example, the printing bill for the Petition to SCOTUS was nearly $5k alone! Actual billable hours are well into 7 figures. How much justice can you afford?

22-rimfire likes this.
  10. snapshot2017

snapshot2017

Jan 28, 2017
    We now need to repeal the Federal 1958 switchblade Act. This stupid unneeded Federal act was because James Dean used a switchblade knife in the 1955 movie Rebel without a cause, it got the 1958 switchblade Act introduced to Congress by Senator Peter F. Mack (D-Illinois) you just have to know it was a Democrat who got it started.

They thought the movie was going to cause wide use of these then cheap imported and worthless knives by gangs roaming the streets of America and stabbing everyone they found.

I have contacted my states Congressman, asking his help in repealing this 1958 switchblade Act.

11. fq55

fq55 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Concealed pocket knife (under 4”) carry is still the way to go in NYC.

If you carry a pocket knife in the city take off the clip and carry it in your pocket.

Thank you @Critter and kniferights.org for all of your hard work.

12. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    I have to admit....I'm shocked. I wonder what's in it for Cuomo & Vance? What do they get out of this? They don't give up things like this for free. Time will tell.

13. scottyj

scottyj

Jan 29, 2009
    Exactly.

DocJD likes this.
  14. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Wow! I haven’t logged in to BFC for a while (life is kicking my butt) and I find this glorious thread!

Amazing! Thank you Knife Rights! Time to revisit the donation page!

15. yoz's friend

yoz's friend

Jun 30, 2001
    im shocked considering they are banning plastic straws.