Freedom Wins in New York - DA Vance & Cuomo Finally Capitulate!!

Awesome news, thanks for all your hard work for Knife Rights!

As a New Yorker who is directly impacted by this ruling, all I can say is thank you, Knife Rights, for staying the course and helping to bring about positive change!

Regards,
Adam

Wow. Never in a million would I have expected this. A hearty congratulations and thanks!

Critter 's victory lap. :)

Now how about getting some civil rights violation lawsuits funded and filed. Hundreds, thousands of them against Vance and the rest.

Thank you again Mr. Ritter and Knife Rights! I still can’t believe it. I feel like we hit the lotto!

You (Doug) mentioned "costly". These kinds of fights are way beyond anything a normal person can do. Would you be willing to post a general litigation cost in round numbers for this effort? I think when people understand just how expensive it is, it may nudge many to join Knife Rights and contribute.

You (Doug) mentioned "costly". These kinds of fights are way beyond anything a normal person can do. Would you be willing to post a general litigation cost in round numbers for this effort? I think when people understand just how expensive it is, it may nudge many to join Knife Rights and contribute.

Well, this litigation isn't completed, and there are reasons not to discuss specifics at this time, but ... Cash outlay is well into upper 6 figures. Hell, just one minor example, the printing bill for the Petition to SCOTUS was nearly $5k alone! Actual billable hours are well into 7 figures. How much justice can you afford?

We now need to repeal the Federal 1958 switchblade Act. This stupid unneeded Federal act was because James Dean used a switchblade knife in the 1955 movie Rebel without a cause, it got the 1958 switchblade Act introduced to Congress by Senator Peter F. Mack (D-Illinois) you just have to know it was a Democrat who got it started.

They thought the movie was going to cause wide use of these then cheap imported and worthless knives by gangs roaming the streets of America and stabbing everyone they found.

I have contacted my states Congressman, asking his help in repealing this 1958 switchblade Act.

Concealed pocket knife (under 4”) carry is still the way to go in NYC.

If you carry a pocket knife in the city take off the clip and carry it in your pocket.

Thank you Critter Critter and kniferights.org for all of your hard work.

I have to admit....I'm shocked. I wonder what's in it for Cuomo & Vance? What do they get out of this? They don't give up things like this for free. Time will tell.

Wow! I haven’t logged in to BFC for a while (life is kicking my butt) and I find this glorious thread!

Amazing! Thank you Knife Rights! Time to revisit the donation page!

Back